Barefoot Restaurant

barefootaruba.com - +297 588 9824

Barefoot Restaurant Oranjestad Reviews

SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
Seafood and steaks with the sand between your toes! Feb 04, 2017
We ate at the highly-rated Barefoot Restaurant (currently ranked 3rd of 177 restaurants in Oranjestad on TripAdvisor) on the final evening of our stay in Aruba in May 2015. We requested a table reservation, for 8:30pm on a Saturday evening, through the restaurant's website and received a confirmation email within a couple of hours.

This fairly upmarket restaurant, with tables on the sand, is located on Surfside Beach about 20 minutes' walk south of the centre of Oranjestad.

Barefoot carries the tagline "Elegant Dining in Flip Flops" - which sums the place up perfectly! I put on my smart trousers, a shirt with a collar...and my very best flip flops. It was a lovely romantic setting for a meal – sitting beneath the swaying palm trees with the sand between our toes.

When we first saw the menu at Barefoot, on the first day of our holiday, it had looked expensive. By the time we came to eat there, we found it to be priced similarly to many other restaurants in Aruba.

Hot and cold appetizers (including tuna, skewered scallops, crab cakes and beef carpaccio) start at $US 12.50; soups and salads from $US 6. Main courses – predominantly seafood (mahi mahi, tuna, grouper, snapper, shrimps) and meat (steaks, chicken, pork loin, rack of lamb, beef stew) – start at $US 25. The full dinner menu can be found here:

Despite the fact that no service charge is added to the bill at Barefoot (tipping is at your discretion), we were still presented with complimentary bread rolls (with an olive tapenade) and glasses of water and ice.

Both Emma and I started with soups.

I had Lobster Cappuccino ($US 8.50) - a tasty lobster bisque (although it didn't contain much, if any, lobster meat) topped with a creamy vanilla froth. Emma had the Dijon Mustard Soup ($US 7), which was topped with strips of smoked salmon. Both soups were pretty enjoyable.

For my main, I had Blackened Mahi Mahi ($US 27.50) - a delicious fillet of mahi mahi fish, blackened in a tasty Cajun coating, served with a pineapple and red pepper salsa, mashed potato and vegetables (green beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, broccoli). Emma had Caribbean Grouper ($US 24.50) - a fillet of fish with mango cream cheese and mango sauce – which, she tells me, was absolutely delicious!

We finished our meal by sharing the "Grand Dessert" ($US 9.50) - a plate with 5 indulgent mini desserts; pistachio ice cream, chocolate brownie, key lime pie, dark chocolate mousse and apple strudel. Very nice!

As well as the complimentary water, I had a bottle of the local Balashi beer ($US 4) and Emma had a lemonade ($US 3).

Open daily: 5:00pm – 10:00pm

Tasty Caribbean seafood and meat dishes in a lovely beach setting. Enjoy your food with the sand between your toes. Recommended!

Email contact: eat@barefootaruba.com
Barefoot Restaurant, Oranjestad, A…
Barefoot Restaurant, Oranjestad, A…

Check Oranjestad Hotel Deals