Barefoot Green Seafood Market

(540) 373-2012

Barefoot Green Seafood Market Fredericksburg Reviews

Ursulina Ursulina
Good seafood, lousy service Sep 26, 2009
The food is good, tasty & fresh, but pricey for the plain decor and Styrofoam plates. It was prepared fast. The cook was very quick.

SERVICE WAS AWFUL! Our young, lispy waiter was overwhelmed though when we arrived, only 2 people were eating, everyone else was waiting for their check. (The place holds @ 20 seats.) The large table of patrons had finished eating and were waiting for at least 10 minutes to receive their checks, pay & leave. In those 10 minutes, we waited at our table ignored by the waiter.

The waiter wrote down our correct order but only brought half of it. When we reminded him of it, he forgot again but tried to charge us for the full cost. When we pointed it out, he tried to charge us $2 more than the menu price because he didn’t' feel like looking at the menu for the correct price. At least not until we told he to. And he didn't check in us until we were almost finished eating. Butter & Old Bay/spices are lacking but not the end of the world. Had I really wanted any, I would probably have had to get them myself from the kitchen.

Near the end of our meal, someone in the back room light up a cigarette. The smoke wafted into the fresh fish and dining area. Nice.

If you bother going, you'd be better off ordering your seafood at the counter and taking it home. Cheaper, too.

There were people/workers/owners? floating around in and out but not helping the clearly overwhelmed waiter. It was pretty sad to see.

We won't be returning. Next time we'll spend our $48 for 1 lb. of steamed large shrimp, 1 lb. of crab legs & 12 hush puppies elsewhere.

Visit: Fri, Sept 25, 2009 @ 8 pm.
seymoura seymoura
Jul 05, 2007
When I lived in Virginia, Historic Fredericksburg was one of my favorite places to go. I stopped in Barefoot Green's Restaurant with my sister to grab a bite, and that's when I was hooked. It's small, local, and all the seafood is fresh. They also have a nice selection of local brews. It's definitely worth trying out if you happen to be in the area.

Check Fredericksburg Hotel Deals