Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Punta Cana Reviews

pauffret pauffret
Affordable luxury on the beach Dec 22, 2012
Thank you Barcelo for a spectacular week....I could write a book on my experience but I won't because not everyone likes long notes. But I will say that from the moment I arrived until the moment I left it was a excellent trip and one of the best.

I think the only thing I would have changed was I would travel a week later than what we

travelled only because there was a little more rain than I desire but no one has control over that.

I would also would have liked to have took the shuttle to the supermarket, there is where

I feel I would have been able to find more items like coffee and rum creams and met with

more of the local people.

I stayed along with a friend at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. What a beautiful hotel along with all it's amenities it was well worth the money. We stayed from the 2nd of Dec. to the 10th of December 2012.

From arriving at the hotel-check-in and entering the room this hotel I feel is a 5 star property and more. Even the buffet's were amazing there was food to please every person from all nationalities .

We were able to have dinner at the fine dining restaurants 6 nights and these dinners well paid for the trip in itself.

Our room was always made up everyday with clean towels, and the showers in the rooms

was something I had never seen or felt before.

The bedding was so plush and the pillows I do have to say all I wanted to do was

sleep and relax the whole entire week.

The fridge in the room was always replenished everyday quit surprised. With brand names of pop like Coke, Sprite, Fanta, and the best Presidente Beer “great beer” and

large bottles of water.

Also the maid always left snacks like granola, peanuts, and my favourite banana chips!

And one more thing the amenities that were left in the room everything from razors and shaving cream, soaps, shampoo, bath gels, toothbrush, and paste, shoe horn, sewing kits

its always funny we always forget something or the other and it was all there if you did.

And last coffee and tea and I sure drank my share of that… I like coffee but not too strong and drank it everyday so enjoy…

The grounds of the property were well looked after

Service at the bars excellent

Yes we did tip but did not see allot of that going on.

Loved the gift shop on the premises the prices there were lower than at the airport. Large selection of every type of souvenirs. But their “motto” break it you pay for it….

The gift shop does not take cash only credit cards or you charge to your room then pay upstairs at the front desk (lobby).

As far as trying to keep in touch with people back home it could be a problem

The children’s area at the hotel looked out of this world I did not visit that

Area but did take the “Train” ride around the property yes I did say train

It was the cutest thing and ran so often at it’s pick up and drop off sites.

The men that shuttle you around were so friendly and could not have worked

any harder they deserve a round of “applause “.

And there was a beautiful church on site just across from the children’s village.

Should you not have use of the internet. You can buy minutes at the gift shop

or buy minutes from the front desk and use the computers on the lobby level

right next to the guest services.

Guest Services excellent service this is where you would book dinner reservations.

All staff in there spoke excellent English and was always very friendly and helpful.

Also before travelling to this hotel we had special request for our room and contacting

The hotel we were so surprised to hear from the hotel direct something I have never seen

Before this hotel’s customer’s service is top notch. Thank you Lillian (call center at the hotel in Punta Cana) for taking the time to return all emails. You were a “God send”.

Entertainment from what I seen was good I really enjoyed the Michael Jackson tribute,

I thought it was excellent. The area for all entertainment was like a football field

It was enormous and very well planned and lay out.

The property does say non-smoking but there are plenty of area’s for smoking.

This property was not planned out in one night when you read 330 million dollars

went into renovations and you will see why.

I meet few people whom have been continuous repeats “clients”. One family

on the plane home mentioned she has been there 7 times now that was great too

hear. Another man from Germany and he has been to the property I believe 4 times

and has watched the Barcelo grow into what it is now.

It was not able to find a pay phone on site so if you need to make a phone call back

home it is a $2us for each time you phone out.

I did venture out only once throughout the week along the beach to souvenirs shop

bought a few things it was nice to mingle with the local people. Excellent selection of

stuff to bring back home.

Restaurant’s that we tried.

We tried the food at the Coral restaurant – excellent food and service

we tried the Beef Tenderloin and shrimp on a screwier. Excellent

Italian restaurant – excellent food once again and service

(Had beef medallions and 4 cheese ravioli!!!

Santa Fe Steakhouse – excellent once again

Don Quijote restaurant Mexican – excellent

Koyoto – Japanese excellent Tempura shrimp…

The alcohol on the property was very good… and they even served Absolute and Smirnoff Vodka - very happy with that….

The wine served with lunch and dinner was great. In all I found their drink selection

the best ever.

This property was not planned out in one night when you read 33 million dollars

went into renovations you will see why.

We meet few people whom have been continuous repeats “clients”. One family

on the plane home mentioned she has been there 7 times now that was great too

hear. Another person from Germany he has been to the property I believe 4 times

and has watched the Barcelo grow into what it is now.

Well in closing I did mention I would not write a long review but sorry I ended up writing a book. I truly loved this hotel and hopefully will one day return again. This hotel was amazing but don’t take it from me go and see it for yourself. I truly hope that your stay will be as beautiful as mine was….All the best Barcelo in your new home.

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals