Barbican Tandoori

55 Aldersgate Street, London, United Kingdom

Barbican Tandoori London Reviews

DAO DAO
A Square Deal in the Square Mile Feb 08, 2017
You can get a great deal that’s an absolute steal here. The first time I dined I found a 5-course meal deal they sometimes advertise on restaurant websites. It was extremely cheap in price by London standards. This great little restaurant is located in a business area. Inside the City of London actually. During weekdays, this place probably does a massive lunch trade. They are surrounded by business offices and loads of well to do working people during the day. In fact, I sometimes work out of a solicitor’s office across the street where I can get all the champagne and steak I want whilst I am there. You get the idea. At night, there are not many residents so they have great meal deals at night. I say “get in there!”. It is within eyesight and an easy walk from the Barbican Tube Station and only 2 stops from Kings Cross/St. Pancreas rail stations.

So, my first experience? Excellent.

I arrived and my luggage (I was leaving by train) was taken and I was escorted downstairs to a very pleasant dining room. My waiter was always within 10 feet of me and I was made to feel welcome. I explained I was in a hurry and my meal was brought swiftly. First a starter with a nice hot meat samosa, chicken tikka and an onion baghi. Next came my massive Barbican Chicken Special. Served in a really cool dish with several smaller dishes set inside it – this looked great. It tasted great as well. Washed down with a pint of Kingfisher beer – I had more than enough to eat. Chicken curry, rice, garlic naan bread, a vegetable (spinach/potato) side dish, onion baghi and salad. I could not even eat it all.

My waiter was polite, helpful and quick. I even had a chance to meet the chef who made my nice meal in his immaculately clean kitchen.

These guys are trying to please and they will treat you well.

I had a great meal, paid a very low price and really appreciated the experience. Then I caught my train.

Oh. Did I mention the free Jack Daniels? Yes – a complementary drink! Top drawer.

I will be back!

Update: I have eaten here a few times and always at night before I get my train home. I am always made to feel welcome and am well fed and watered. It’s never crowded at night and you feel like you almost have a private restaurant to yourself.

Check London Hotel Deals