Kohlenberg 10, Basel, Switzerland - 061 261 88 64

Baragraph Basel Reviews

Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Cool concept but too cramped Dec 27, 2008
It was shortly after Christmas when we went to the Baragraph as a group of about 10 people due to the fact that nothing else was open that day.

The Baragraph has two floors: Downstairs is the "normal" part, which is opened all the time, whereas the upper part (where we wanted to go) is opened at 9 pm usually. Walls, floor, furniture and ceiling are kept completely white with a warm light and the picture of a firewall on one wall, which is projected. This and the big couches with the white plaids give the place a cozy atmosphere. Unfortunately it was fairly cold as they seemed to have not heated the upper floor before opening it, so that I really needed the plaid.

I don't know whether it's always so full of people or if it was only because of all other bars being closed, but it was very crowded that day. The rooms in the Baragraph are rather narrow and it seems to me as if this wasn't taken into consideration. Downstairs, most of the room is occupied by tha bar and the stools, whereas upstairs it's the furniture and decoration which takes most space. So one has to climb over coffee tables and other peoples legs, which gets more difficult with every drink.

Besides, coffee stuff and drinks like Batida are only available at the bar downstairs, which to me is a bit infelicitous solution.

All in all I think I would have given the Baragraph even only two stars, but due to the cozyness (and maybe the fact that nevertheless it was a great evening) it will get three stars.

Check Basel Hotel Deals