Bar Tabac

Bar Tabac - The bar
Bar Tabac - One of my G&Ts
Bar Tabac - One of my G&Ts
Bar Tabac - The Argentinian bartender hiding in the dark
Bar Tabac - mussels! I love em.

Bar Tabac New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great fun and ambiance Oct 20, 2012
I was having my last evening in USA on this trip that had brought me to so many different places and states. I was staying in Brooklyn for the first time and I had no idea about where to go because there were so many places to go. After my meal I ended up in Bar Tabac on Smith Street and that turned out to be a great place with loads of fun people.

The bar was located on a corner and it was quite full when I entered. I managed to sneak up to the bar and get a place in the corner of the bar with a great view over the place and what was going on. There was a fabulous ambiance and people were coming from all corners of the world or the neighborhood. There were many locals that knew each other and everybody seemed to be in great mood.

I talked a lot to girl behind the counter of the bar and she turned out to be a great, sweet and friendly girl from Argentina missing her boyfriend who played basketball in the Qatar. I stayed there for many hours meeting people from all over like; Saint Croix, locals and even Denmark. It had been a great night and I could see on my bill that I had fun with 1 Molito’s, 6 house Gin &T and one 1 Stoli Orange.
The Argentinian bartender hiding i…
One of my G&Ts
One of my G&Ts
The bar
Eboogzs Eboogzs
Great Food, Great Vibe in Brooklyn Nov 06, 2011
I I had a brunch date and the gentleman suggested we hit this restaurant in Brooklyn. The restaurant was great. It’s a French-American cuisine and the options are awesome for Brunch. I hear the burger is amazing and they also have a Salmon Burger which looked delicious. I order Moules Frites which is a Huge plate of steamed mussels with Fries. There wasn’t any food left which is rare…but I was also hungover so no food in front of me was safe.

The vibe of the place is great. Low Key Bar style . They were playing oldies but goodies from the Motown catalog and a live band started playing as well which was ok. The staff is great as well, very friendly and attentive.

Overall the restaurant is awesome if you’re ever in the Boerum Hill area of Brooklyn…as for the date, let’s just say I was glad when it was over
mussels! I love em.
Chokk says:
Yeah - it is a nice place
Posted on: Jan 08, 2013
HuBison says:
I am always looking for awesome reviews of where to go (or where to avoid) when I am home for the holidays.
Posted on: Nov 09, 2011