Bar Rubin

via Santa Maria Segreta, Milan, Italy

Bar Rubin Milan Reviews

DAO DAO
Stale Beer Feb 08, 2017
If you ever decide to name your establishment ‘BAR’ anything – don’t serve stale and completely out of date beer. How bad is it? It would carry the death penalty in any country I ever get a chance to rule. Yes – there is a thing called stale beer. It can go bad. Very bad. Just drink here. Modern mass produced beer has a natural carbonation after the fermenting process. One of my favourite beers in the world is Italy’s pride - Nastro Azzurro (aka Peroni). The fact that this overpriced place could serve a glass to disgrace all of Italy is a crime.

When I entered I thought this was a nice sort of Art Deco intimate restaurant. I asked for a glass of Italy’s best and took a sip. And thought it tasted like chilled urine. I tried again. Yes, flat, slightly bitter and vile. Yes – that would be the taste of chilled urine. Not even my own. Someone elses.

I kept saying out loud (I have a witness) that the beer did not taste right or good. Then I looked. Not a single bubble. Stale!

Yes if you leave beer open and in a metal keg for MONTHS – it goes stale.

No wonder the only review I can find of this place says it’s a ‘2’. Tastes like number one if you know what I mean.

Avoid. How could you trust them with the food they serve? And their only toilet is an old squat one! I even took a photo to prove this.

Check Milan Hotel Deals