Bar Harbor Rd

Bar Harbor Rd, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Bar Harbor Rd Los Angeles Reviews

Owens Owens
May 15, 2007
I went here on St. Patty's day last year, thinking it might not be too crowded. I usually passed by here on my way home from Cafe Via a few doors down. The red interior always caught my eye, and the staff from Cafe Via was always running over to the bar for something.

Anyhow, was expecting a quiet place, because no one seemed to live in Chinatown when I went down to the plaza. A group of 4 of us went to the mountain bar early on, after dinner at cafe via to find that they even had drink specials for St. Patricks day. Within an hour (we were the first group there) the place was full, and we had been crammed in at the bar, watching as others waited in line to get drinks. There was a pretty diverse crowd, for my expectations. Lots of hipsters/artists and some business groups. The decor was better than expected, but once the music came on, I found its drawback. It was hard to hear the person next to me at the bar, even though the dj was many feet away near the door. I enjoyed the experience in a small group. I'd never go on a drinking holiday with a large group. Claustrophobia.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals