Banthai Beach Resort & Spa

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa Rates and Deals

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa Phuket Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
good resort Nov 16, 2015
I booked this hotel last minute after flood strike vietnam. first the location great in Patong beach .Moreover comfort and cozy room,wonderful and welcome staff.Furthermore ,delcious breakfast , cool swimming pool, i like the bar and resturant near the beach.

The hotel are safe and wonderful decor .very fast wifi in the room, nice bathroom.

I think it is great hotel if want relax and want sleep well at night.

however. there are one bad thing in the hotel i sufffered from bugs (I i saw alot of

Ants walk in the room and one cockroach .

in my opinion they should use chemical .

i will stay again because it is beautiful hotel but i will ask them to give me room

far from the pool.
welcome frink
inside the room
toliet
bathroom
parag385 parag385
Nice Hotel - Highly Recommended Aug 05, 2011
This resort was recommended to me by my travel agent. He told me that he has personally stayed there when he went there with his family. So on his advice, I finally booked it.

On arrival, we were greeted by the staff which offered us the welcome drink and took care of the check in process which took not more than 10 mins. They have a special lounge sort of setting for guest checking in.

The resort is located across the road from the famous Patong beach. So you can walk to the beach in 2 mins from the hotel and relax or do para-sailing.

Also, right outside the hotel there are many restaurants and fast food outlets like Subway, Pizza Place (don't remember the name of the outlet), Italian restaurant etc. Also it you like you can go to other hotels for drink, food or spa like Holiday Inn, Marriott etc which are located within walking distance from the hotel.

Also, there are many small shops located near the hotel selling souvenirs, handicraft items, bags, dvd, local sight seeing tours, taxi rental etc could be found. Please ensure you bargain at least 40% to 50% of the price quoted by the seller. There are many tailors in the area, so you can also get a business suit stitched at very reasonable rates.

Carrefour(located in Jungceylon Shopping Mall) is also 20 minutes walk from the hotel or you can take a taxi which will cost you 50 to 70 bahts. Taxis are expensive as they usually don't use the meter.

The room were of decent size and had a balcony overlooking the pool. Being on the 3rd floor, there was privacy from the people who were coming to the pool. Therefore I won't recommend room on the ground floor overlooking the pool.

The buffet breakfast was amazing. It was a lavish spread and consist of literally every thing you can think of having for breakfast. It is one of the best I have ever had.

They have a pool which is located on the ground floor. I didn't swim, but the water was very clear and there was a life guard on duty. They also have small bar located in the pool, so you could enjoy drinks while u are relaxing.

In all I would say that I will stay in the same hotel on my next visit to Phuket and would recommend the hotel to everyone.
Ban Thai Sign Board outside hotel
This is the distance we have to tr…
Hotel Entrance
Hotel Lobby
AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Fantastic resort central location Mar 01, 2010
This place had mixed reviews on TripAdvisor but I found that some of the bad ones were completely uncalled for. My review is based on the experience I had in comparison to more expensive resorts in Australia.

We got a great deal in the mid-season through our local travel agent staying in a standard room. Service was excellent and staff extremely friendly throughout our stay. Whilst we had to ask for things like cutlery etc for our room, it was always made available to us. The bathroom was adequate for our needs however there was a couple of times in the busy morning periods where the water pressure in the shower was bad. Beds were harder than what we were used to but we got used to it within the first few nights.

Buffet breakfast was excellent. Whilst we heard that it was noisy from some rooms, our room was well hidden from noisy bars and we had no problems getting to sleep.

Three pools all with swim up bars were excellent.

Some tips for people reading bad reviews...December is always going to be expensive as it's high season worldwide and also the best time of year in terms of weather to go to Thailand. If you can stand the humidity, April is great as it's still quite dry however not as busy for travellers.

Stay away from "western" food, or restaurants along the main drag as it's two to three times the price of the family run thai restaurants you will find along the smaller streets and lanes. Dont use the hotel laundry, internet or spa...you can get these things much cheaper outside if you just look.

The "seediness" they talk about is really not that bad...whilst it's offered out on the streets, it's hidden away in the bars...really I've seen much worse in Kings Cross Sydney.

Street vendors and tuk tuk drivers are everywhere...they WILL try to sell you stuff because they're living in a third world country and have no other way to make a living. If you're not interested, just say no and keep walking, they wont harrass you any further unless you stop to talk to them so dont stop unless you intend to buy something.

This place I think is best for young couples or young singles looking for some fun, relaxation and some culture/sightseeing.

Highly recommended
May_Koh says:
I've stayed there for 5 days and really enjoyed it! wanna visit again :)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2011
travelman727 says:
Nice review! I will consider Banthai Beach Resort if I am fortunate to visit Phuket :-D
Posted on: Mar 16, 2010
ramit ramit
Convenient Location on Patong Beach Jun 22, 2010
The First hotel I ever stayed in Phuket was the Banthai Beach Resort on Patong Beach . Patong is the hub of 'Tourists' in Phuket with hotels , bars , beach shacks , water sports and Night life all on a stretch of about 2 kms .

The Banthai Beach Resort is a 4* hotel located right on Patong beach if you wanna be near where the action is .. Good rooms , two swimming pools .. one with Jacuzzis .. easy walk from any place even if you are partying out late in the night ...

We got an excellent Front Sea facing room which was very fortunate .. so the moment you woke up , you could pull up the curtains & have your morning tea watching the Sea :)

In the evening , this particular area of Patong becomes very energetic with two bars right on the road below the hotel . There's Starbucks coffee next to the bars & a beautiful open air restaurant with a stage & live music performances .

Unless you wanna stay away from the hustle bustle of the crowds & be in a quieter place , this resort is situated right in the middle of everything .
RainyDayToast RainyDay…
Banthai Beach Resort Feb 26, 2010
Good service. Staff at times could have been a bit more helpful or have smiled but a very pleasant stay regardless. All staff were immaculately presented. Gorgeous atmosphere, gorgeous rooms, gorgeous buffet breakfast each morning. Everything was always well in order & we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

The resort is situated from the beach in a tranquil-like setting. Balcony's look out to the pool which also has a bar. When we were there (July) it was very hot and humid and not that many people lying around the pool which we really liked to be honest! Would certainly stay here again in an instant!
travelchum travelch…
great hotel! Oct 11, 2008
I have stayed in Banthai Beach resort for 5 nights.. It's location is right in front of the beach. They have an EXCELLENT massage parlour both professional and clean. There is safe box in the room (which you really need in Thailand). Also, there is a Mac Donald's, a Starbucks and a money exchange office just next to the hotel entrance. In short, it's a very good hotel and I would recommend it.

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes