@ Bangkok Thai & Sushi

@ Bangkok Thai & Sushi Algonquin Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
Thai & Sushi in Algonquin Oct 06, 2009
@ Bangkok - Algonquin, IL

I just happened to serendipitously come across @ Bangkok. I met up with one of my brothers, my sister and her son to watch a movie, on the way out of the cinema’s parking lot, traffic was forced to make a right turn, and I wanted to get across about four lanes of traffic to the left turn lane, after a couple minutes, I realized that traffic was just to heavy to do that (safely anyway) so I just went and was going to turn around farther down the road. Before turning around, the road led me past @ Bangkok, and I decided I wouldn’t mind trying out a new restaurant.

Although called “@ Bangkok” the restaurant offers both Thai and Japanese cuisine. I ordered from the Thai side of the menu, getting Drunken Noodles and a Chang beer. “Drunken Noodles” was a mish-mosh of different noodles mixed with veggies and a sauce they said was spicy … to me it was mild to perhaps medium, but quite tasty.

The waitress was pleasant and attentive (though, it was a slow night) and we struck up a conversation about travel and being an expat and, blah blah, nothing to do with the review.

Anyway, if you find yourself in Algonquin, check it out.
@ Bangkok exterior
Drunken Noodle
Chang
festerwretch says:
Cool, Now why didn't they explain that in the menu? (ok, ok, I know they don't want to waste space - but still, you did it in 15 words)
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009
Transitory says:
pad ki mao, "pad" means to like stir fry, "ki mao," means to be drunk.

Next time if you want spic[ier], ask for "pet."

Yippie cultural exchange!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
You have me hungry now, sir! Nice review!!!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2009