Bangkok Thai Restaurant

105 West Front Street, Bloomington, IL, USA
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - One of the owners!!! so sweet!! and very helpful!
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - Veggie dumplings
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - veggie fried rice with basil.... Pauls specialty!!
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - My empty plate!! :P
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - Paul and his clean kitchen!
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - outside...
Bangkok Thai Restaurant - interior

Bangkok Thai Restaurant Bloomington Reviews

esterrene esterrene
BEST Thai food in Sep 10, 2009
I ate here twice during the first weekend I spent in Bloomington!!! It was that good!!! OMG it was possibly the best Thai I have ever had!!

The first night we ate here we weren't so sure if it was gonna be a good choice.. the place looked closed. The open sign was lit but all the lights inside were off and the hostess who greeted us at the door was wearing her hair in a towel.. it looked and felt as if they were in the process of closing up.. but they assured us to come in and sit..

and I am soooo happy they did. oh gosh was I happy!

The food was delicious!!! the menu wasn't as extensive as I have seen in other places, but what they have on the menu is perfectly prepared in a manner that made me feel like I was eating a meal in someone's home rather than at a restaurant.

Thats what I liked most about this place. The couple made everyone feel like they were guests visiting them at home, not as customers paying for a meal.

On the second night we visited I was given permission to visit the kitchen and say HI to Paul. You will see on the menu "Paul's Fried Rice" He is the cool guy in the back preparing your food! I recommend saying hi to him! he is a great guy and the fantastic cook! His wife is the lovely hostess who remembered exactly what i ordered from the first visit and noticed that I didn't like mushrooms and reminded Paul to leave them out for me! I'm telling you it is more like home than a place of business.

i can't stress enough how good the food and atmosphere of the place was.. you seriously should consider visiting Bloomington just for the Thai!

The food is not expensive.. only two meals on the menu were priced above $10. The portions are a filling size.
One of the owners!!! so sweet!! an…
Veggie dumplings
montecarlostar says:
Seems like something I need to try!
Posted on: Sep 14, 2009