Bangkok: Getting Around and Airport Transfer

Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok: Getting Around and Airport Transfer Reviews

tjwood tjwood
Easier that it seems and runs all the time Apr 09, 2012
I took a trip this past February that started in Bangkok, Thailand. I did a lot of research on how to get from the airport to my hotel in Sukhumvit district. Then I also look to see how to get around the town. This website helped:

and so does:

I determined that I would take the MTR (underground train) from the airport. The station is located on the bottom floor and do not worry the terminal has moving walk-ways that go from floor to floor, in addition to the escalators. You will need to purchase a ticket at the counter before the guard will let you down the final leg to the train platforms.

Take the MRT to the Makkasan City Interchange Station (MRT Petchaburi Station). Follow the other travels up the escalators and outside. From the exit door turn left go down the road to the intersection. At the intersection look to your right for BTS sign, cross to your right and enter the BTS station (Phetchaburi station). Please note there usually is a Police guard station to check your bag and have you pass through a metal detector here. No problems.

From here take the MRT or BTS to where you need to go. You will also have passed the modes of transport, taxi cars, tuk tuk drivers (three wheeled motorcycle taxi) and moped taxis (good luck with those).

The transfer through the trains was really cheap, since the average cost of most BTS trips where 15 baht, about 50 cents for me.

Have fun and enjoy, I did!!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals