Bangkok Garden Thai Cuisine

201 Southgate Avenue, Daly City, CA, USA - (650) 755-8749

Bangkok Garden Thai Cuisine Daly City Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Dec 26, 2007
Bangkok Garden is a cute little place to go if your mind and tummy tells you that Thai food is what your body wants to eat.

I was in Daly City and I've been craving pad thai for the last few weeks. I know my way pretty well around Daly City, but I was still not sure where I can get pretty good and decent Thai food. I texted my cousin, who was born and raised in Daly City/San Francisco for her opinion. Being an inhabitant of Daly City/San Francisco all her life I definitely trusted her taste buds, I know she wouldn't steer me wrong. In fact, she did not. I walked into Bangkok Garden excited for delicious pad thai and left pretty satisfied.

I went with another cousin of mine, she was not very choosy on what our meal would be for that day. We walked in, they smiled and motioned for us to take a seat at the tables in the upper level seating area. After about 1-2 minutes they brought us our menus, then our waters followed. We looked through and through the menu, found that most beloved thing I wanted most at that very moment the "Pad Thai" and we were ready. We were ready for about 8 minutes and still no waiter/waitress to wait on us. I was not mad, just really wondering why they had not come to take our order yet. The small little restaurant was quite full with other guests, but those other guests were either already eating, or in the process of having the dishes delivered to them. But my cousin and I are very patient people so we waited and waited till finally I turned around in my chair, spotted one of the waitresses.. smiled and waved. That obvious smile and wave to let them know we were ready to order.

We ordered the chicken pad thai, fried chicken with sweet and sour sauce rice plate. Which we would both share. After the order was finally placed we talked and I finally turned on that camera of mine. I did not take much pictures, but I was able to take a few. The petite restaurant was filled with Thai decor. What caught my attention first and most of all were the two main walls. To my left was a painted mural that was attached to the wall. I could not make out the meaning of the mural/painting, and I did not care to ask, so I took a picture. Very beautiful and interesting to look at. To my right side was what looked like a wood canvas carved with pictures of little houses, a small river and trees. Very interesting indeed, and bravo to the artist because with it being hand carved I am quite sure it took a bit of time, effort and detail for it to turn out the way that it did, absolutely gratifying to look at.

In the middle of taking pictures, I was able to stop one of the waitresses to order a soda, (which never came by the way, but I guess it was okay because they did not charge me for it), then a few minutes later our food came. It was just enough for the two of us to eat and we had left overs too. We were stuffed and satisfied. It took a few minutes more to ask for the bill and to go boxes. But our experience at Bangkok Garden had come to an end.

Like I said early on in this review, "I walked into Bangkok Garden excited for delicious pad thai and left pretty satisfied," I would recommend this place for simple Thai food, pad thai that hits the spot just right (I enjoyed it), I just hope that you are not in a rush. If you come extremely famished you may not be as patient as we were when it takes quite awhile to order, have your beverage order forgotten or ignored, then to top it off still have to wait awhile for the check and boxes. Don't get me wrong it was delicious, and of course they were a busy little restaurant, but I believe no one should be ignored.
painted mural