Bangkok City Suite

Bangkok City Suite Rates and Deals

Bangkok City Suite Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Budget Hotel at the end of Petchaburi St May 02, 2014
This hotel has similar name with the hotel I quite like and want to stay and had stayed previously near Ratchathewi BTS station in Bangkok. The hotel also has the same address name with the other hotel. So I just booked it through the website without double check the other hotel name I like.

When I arrived in the hotel building, I see the name is slightly different. Anyway, I just go inside the lobby to check in and to speak with the staff to make sure I have the right hotel.

It appears I booked the wrong hotel – however, the hotel I booked through the website and this hotel is under one umbrella (with the wrong hotel I just enter). I asked if I could possible stay at the hotel I just enter – unfortunately it was fully booked.

The reception staff arranges a hotel tuk tuk transport to drive me to the other hotel free of charge, since it is still under one company.

Bangkok City Suite hotel location is quite far from the Ratchathewi BTS station, it is at the very end of Petchaburi Street, and takes 20 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the BTS station.

Check in is very easy, but the reception is not that friendly, no smile from her from the first time I arrive and she was busy talking with her college who stand (do nothing) next to her when she attend to me.

She only inform about breakfast time when she hand me the key to the room and also the free city map, no explanation about other thing. The hotel provides free tuk tuk transfer to Ratchatewi BTS station, National BTS station and Chatuchack weeend market at certain time frame. The free transfer advertisement was posted inside the elevator. I did not use the free transfer since I only stay one night at this place.

I have room on the fourth floor and the room is clean and spacious with one double bed, but it looks really old with outdated furniture and it was quite dark inside the room since the lighting is not that great. There is a window facing the street and it brightens up the room when I open the curtain. Luckily, everything works in order inside the room from the television, refrigerator (which I do not use), bathroom, hot and cold water with a very good water pressure.

The air condition is really cold – I can change the temperature but it seems the machine is not follow it, I set it up at the 27C, however the room temperature is still freezing and I usually like my room cool. Probably it is set as a standard from the hotel building and can not change the temperate.

Buffet breakfast selection is really good for this kind of budget hotel, mostly serve Asian food like 2 different kind of fried noodles, rice, meat and vegetables dishes, soup, salad, etc. However fried eggs, sausages, bread, cereal and fresh fruits are available.

It was very busy during breakfast time and it seems a lot of locals staying in this hotel. It cost THB850 (=usd26) per night with buffet breakfast for single person.

The advantage of this is free wifi in the whole building and the internet connection is quite fast.
bedroom
bedroom
bathroom
lobby
nolan says:
Thailand in general has cheaper hotel accommodation compared to the other major Asian cities. This particular hotel looks like a good bargain.

As for Sri Lanka we are checking out the options soon. Jon (northlight) is staying at a high end place, we might find something in the 3-4 star range. We will be in Sri Lanka for only 6 days/5 nights.
Posted on: May 16, 2014
gingerbatik says:
@Nolan: price is quite cheap for this kind of hotel and I also notice cambodia has a good guesthouse and very cheap. Beware of Sri Lanka Nolan, high price and low quality hotel or guesthouse. Don't trust Lonely planet guide book for Sri Lanka accommodation, you should check it yourself when you arrive there.
Posted on: May 15, 2014
maaroufhoteit75 says:
Looks ok, but if you want a nice hotel you can try the Isanook it's nite modern and ha similar price
:-)
Posted on: May 15, 2014
katzylicious katzylic…
Affordable and clean May 17, 2012
It was better than we expected. The rooms were large and clean. The bed was comfy and the toilet was big and clean.

The buffet breakfast was also yummy but the menu was almost the same daily. The staff had a little difficulty in conversing in english but other than that they were very helpful.

The location is also a few meters away from malls, 7/11 convenience stores, and the BTS.

On our last night in bangkok we walked around and found a karaoke place nearby.

The airport transfer of the hotel is also reasonable. There are also package tours at the lobby if you want to inquire.

And oh! There's free wifi! =)

Bangkok City Suite Overview

Located centrally within the city, the Bangkok City Suite is conveniently near many area attractions. Guests will enjoy close proximity to such attractions as the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, and the Golden Mount. Guests who enjoy shopping will enjoy the nearby shopping centers of Pantip Plaza, the MBK, Siam Center, and the Pratunam Platinum Plaza. The Bangkok City Suite is located within the city center, close to public transportation and area attractions. Guests will be able to walk to many parts of the city.

Guests will find that the rooms of the Bangkok City Suite offer such amenities as satellite television with on-demand movies, air-conditioning, and wireless Internet access, private bathrooms with separate showers, refrigerators, electronic key card locks, and in-room safes.

The Bangkok City Suite provides guests with a wide array of modern amenities. Guests will find that the hotel provides a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning and an Internet-ready computer for guests use up to thirty minutes.

Bangkok City Suite Amenities

• Room Service
  • High-speed Internet
  • Parking
  • Air Conditioned
  • Refrigerator
  • Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower

Related Travel Blogs About Bangkok City Suite

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…suite, I can feel my hang over biting. Why does he always have to pick on me at my most vulnerable: i.e. (eight fifteen and twelve and a half seconds…
Happy Birthday Yer Maj
See, I never even realised I was arriving in Thailand the day before the King's birthday. A fortituous coincidence. It's a big thing here. All those yellow polo-necks yesterday had the royal crest on…city, of cheap suits from tailors, invites into jewellry shops. Bangkok touts can smell wet-behind-the-ears tourists…

Check Bangkok City Suite Rates and Deals