Banff National Park of Canada

(403) 762-1470

Banff National Park of Canada Reviews

Besandri Besandri
Calgary playground Sep 11, 2014
Banff Nation Park is a must to include on your destination if traveling to Canada.

But I guess I should add only if you enjoy the outdoors and nature, but who doesn't ?

I am sure it can get busy and too many people but that is only in the township, you don't have to travel far out of the town to get to one of the many walks in the area.

This is a return trip for me and I first time I visited Banff was about 5 years ago when we were mainly fishing in Montana as It is only about 4 hours to the USA border from Banff.

So it is a place to go out of your way to visit, you won't be disappointed.

This time we will have a bit more time and we will also include a trip to Jasper and explore Lake Louise area.

Most people from Calgary come here often for their holidays and I can't blame them as I don't really think much of Calgary (sorry for those that live there).

Banff is part of the Rockies and this whole area is very scenic but be warned it can get cold.

As much as I like the snow I like the warmth of the sun even more :)

As I write this blog it is Sept so still in summer, yet it snowed yesterday. But the trade off to the snow is what we experienced today, sunshine and fantastic views of the snow clad mountains. So hard to describe... I will let my photos part explain ...

But anyone visiting Banff or Jasper at the weekend without hotel reservations be warned ... Everything is fully booked and according to one receptionist has been like that for the last 6 months.

With so much scenery you don't really need to do anything extra... The hotel accommodation is very expensive and so is most other things around here.

A return trip up the gonadal is $40, just a little more that I would pay.

I think the a Queenstown gondola was reasonably priced at $25.

Anyone with a family gets a group discount, but it is still an expensive ride.

The hot pool nearby was only $6 per adult I think so with tomorrow being 60% chance of rain, sitting in the hot pool may be a good idea. The weather for the rest of the week is supposed to be perfect, I just hope the snow stays around so that my pictures can look just that little bit better.
Banff Beauty
Banff
spocklogic says:
Ze Burglar Of Banff-f-f-f-f-f
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured! Banff is spectacular!
yuness says:
Congratz Brian on your featured review :)

Check Banff Hotel Deals