Bandung, Indonesia

Bandung Reviews

tarmizi40 tarmizi40
Tangkuban Parahu, Bandung Jun 24, 2011
Tangkuban Parahu is synonimous with Bandung, being one of the star attractions. It is a dormant volcano located 30 km north of Bandung. It is very crowded especially on weekends. So to appreciate the beauty of the place, go there during week-days.

There are two craters at Tangkuban Parahu, almost side by side. The much bigger one is the 'Kawah Ratu'. This is where the crowd is. So if you want to avoid the crowd go to the side of the Kawah Ratu. It is about 1 km away. This is where 'Kawah Domas' is located. You can go down to the kawah domas. You can better enjoy the surroundings and admire the beauty of the crater.
tarmizi40 tarmizi40
Kawah Ratu, Tangkuban Parahu Jun 24, 2011
Tangkuban Parahu is one of the attractions of Bandung. It is a dormant volcano located 30 km north of Bandung.

Hence, it's very crowded especially on weekends.

There two craters there namely Kawah Ratu and Kawah Domas. The former is the largest and of course the most crowded. To avoid the large crowd, go to the other side of the kawah ratu. This the area where the kawah domas is located. it is less crowded because it as about 1 km from the main entrance. From there you can go down to the kawah domas. You can also see the yellow smoke from the sulfur. Be careful 'coz the gas is poisonous. The view from there is breathtaking.
bramsuryo bramsuryo
Bandung at glance Dec 02, 2010
Bandung city, It’s a nice place to stay. It’s well known as a nice place to enjoy and a destination for people who lived at Jakarta to enjoy their weekend with their family or even alone.

I do like Bandung also. I do fall in love with their food and shopping places, where you can find a thousand diverse of food and also enjoy lots fashion boutique area spread in almost all part of the city.

I recommend you to taste siomay and batagor as their original traditional food. You can find it easily at day at “trotoar” or even at a high cost restaurant. You also have to try Peyem, its made from cassava and will give you an exotic taste.

Currently, many people come to Bandung at weekend, it makes so many jams at Bandung’s street, so you have to be patient while crossing the street.

From Bandung, you can take public transport to Lembang, where you can find many strawberry plantations, you can enter the plantation and directly cultivate the strawberry, eat it and it’s so fresh.

The view is so damn cool, and you still can find fresh air in this area. It feels so fresh and will make you miss the place.

If you want to buy gift for your family or friends, you can find a lot of ditro (distribution store) who sell clothes and souvenir. You also can find “angklung” at saung mang Udjo and buy small size of angklung. Enjoy also their live performance every day. As addition, Angklung has been accepted by UNESCO as world art originally from Indonesia.

To go to Bandung, you can take train from Gambir station Jakarta or directly take a bus from Jakarta Airport straight to Bandung. Some International flights are available at Husein Sastranegara (airport of Bandung). They are from Malaysia and Singapore.

Related Travel Blogs About Bandung

Parijs van Java 1
This time, I went to Bandung actually for work. I had to visit two state universities there. But, between the two appointments, my colleague and I had time to get away for shopping and ate the t…Bandung is. So, it reminds me that Bandung has "Parijs van Java" as its nickname. I think it might…
My Overland Story
My Overland Experience (February 16th • February 24th 2009)“Indonesien zum Kennenlernen”Jakarta-Bogor-Bandung-Central Java-Jogjakarta-East Java-Bali  Senior Guide : Mr. Sodikin Kurd…Bandung tour. Wednesday, February 18th 2009   “I love BandungBandung-Lembang-Cihideung Flower Village-Fruits market…
Bandung Kota Kembang
Bandung: It wasn’t in my plan to visit this city, until Friday night good friend of mine Vira called me and offering to drive me to Bandung.  100% yes from me. We started bit late, lef…Bandung. Is about 1hour drive to this place from Bandung. Raining and foggy accompany us during our trip…

Check Bandung Hotel Deals