Bandula Home Stay

Check Sigiriya Hotel Deals

Bandula Home Stay Sigiriya Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Bandula Home Stay Dec 06, 2017
Bandula Home Stay was where I met up with the friend of mine. We planned this trip for a bit and she found this stay in Sigiria as a good spot to start our exploration of central Sri Lanka. I was coming from far away and took all kind of transportation on the way. After third or fourth bus I made it to the end of the road. The small local road continues from the area where buses turn. Most of the people coming to this area come here purposely to see the rock of Sigiria and the famous fort/city on the rock. This area used to be one extraordinary place and reminisces of the old civilization are very nice to see.

I had a vague idea of where Bandula is, but there was no too many options about the roads to take. So I walked a kilometer or so and asked people on the way. It always surprises me how easy is to simply ask people and look for the signs instead of looking into map or your phone…

Bandula has few rooms adjacent to his home. It is nothing fancy, but it has basic needs covered. Bathroom has hot water and it is fairly clean. Room is totally alright, spacious and two beds are good to give a nice night sleep. We were in favor of fans instead of AC and that plan worked excellent. Both beds have mosquito nets and you will need them. Bandula’s wife makes good food and breakfast is included in the price. He is a tuk-tuk driver but not one of those crooked ones. We had really good feeling about his family and great interaction. I mean no one speaks much English but we are all willing to try to understand other side hahahha.

Surrounding area is easy to walk around. It is safe, aside of wild elephants and angry dogs (be aware of the elephants in this area. There are few serous herds of wild elephants that are known to kill if the people come closer). Most of the government buildings or areas frequented by elephants have electric fences.

Bandula set us up with his friend that had faster and stronger tuk tuk and we went to see ruins and areas that were a bit further away. It looks like you can’t drive anywhere you want if you are tuk tuk driver. You can go only to your territory…

This is good place to stay and hang out. Interaction with the locals is way better than staying in the hotel/hostel and it is very affordable.

Check Sigiriya Hotel Deals