Bandits Grill & Bar

Bandits Grill & Bar - Nachos $12
Bandits Grill & Bar - Tri tip nachos, $13
Bandits Grill & Bar - Corkage fee $8, BYOB
Bandits Grill & Bar - Fresh fried zucchini, $10
Bandits Grill & Bar - Exterior signage.

Bandits Grill & Bar Park City Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Decent BBQ Feb 04, 2015
As far as restaurants in the culinary wasteland of Park City go, you could do much, much worse than Bandits. In no way will the food change your life, but it's one of the few restaurants in town that I don't hate. It's located on Main Street so it's a great "see and be seen place," especially during busy ski season and during the Sundance Film Festival.

This is a casual bbq joint with a Western cowboy vibe. The decor is fun and inviting, with lots of big booths upstairs and a cool, windowless basement bar downstairs. My favorite tables are the two booths in the front windows -- ask for one of those and you can watch the excitement go by down Main Street.

The food here is pretty good and the portion sizes are more than fair. I usually order the grilled bbq chicken with grilled green beans (yum!)! I love that the sides here aren't afterthoughts -- everything is good from the ranch beans and coleslaw to the traditional french fries and sweet potato fries. Hubby loves the "Unbeatable" tri-tip sandwich. I'm not a fan of any of the bbq meats here because they are always a bit too rare for my tastes (I don't like pink of any kind in my meat), but he always raves about the "Unbeatable."

Hands down my absolute favorite item on the menu is the fried zucchini appetizer. The kitchen uses big spears of FRESH zucchini and lightly breads them by hand, pan frying 'em up. These things are DELICIOUS (if overpriced at $10), but I order them every single time. They are so good and taste even better than my photo suggests.

The service is courteous, prompt and efficient, and the kitchen is always willing to accommodate special requests or dietary needs. I'm a low carb diner and they've never given me grief if I want to substitute a vegetable for potato (sometimes it comes with a nominal additional charge but they don't argue with you about doing it in the first place, which I appreciate).

If you just want to hang for drinks, go down into the basement bar. There are several cozy booths down there if you want to order some food too. The bar features a good selection of local Utah beer as well as tasty whiskey from Park City's High West distillery. Expect to pay around $10 for a teeny tiny shot of liquor. According to the menu, Bandits has a new $8 corkage fee, which I can't wait to try out. That's a great deal if you're into bringing your own wine. For you non-alcohol drinkers, I highly recommend their fresh brewed iced tea. I can go through about 5 glasses of that stuff with my meal!

Note that as with most places in this ski resort town, prices fluctuate based on the season. If you go in July, you can expect to pay several dollars less for the same entree than when you go in January. During the summer, the restaurant sometimes runs an all you can eat bbq deal for around $20. If you are lucky enough to be there when they have it, get it!
Exterior signage.