Bandar Djakarta

Pintu Timur, Jakarta, Indonesia

Bandar Djakarta Reviews

kevinhongkong kevinhon…
Great Seafood Mar 24, 2011
OK, by local standards i think this place is fairly pricey. But it has some great seafood - be prepared to pick out your own meal selections. The staff can help you select if you are unsure. I personally love the smoked crab.

One note - this place is very very popular and be prepared to wait for a table - - the wait can be a bit long sometimes, so don't go super hungry.

The place is massive - and if you can get a table near the water you are lucky.

I have only been to the Ancol location, which is fairly accessible even in the middle of Jakarta. It takes a bit of a drive but in my experience you miss a lot of the traffic. There are amusement parks around Ancol, but they never hold much interest for me. Also, it is close to Mangga Dua which attracts some tourists. Be prepared to pay for entrance into Ancol, but from what I remember it is acceptable.

They have opened up a new location, but I have not been there. My understanding it is in a gated community, but can't say firsthand.

The website I found is in Indonesian - but at least they have good maps that you can show your taxi driver (who should know anyway - but it helps).
tari tari
Where you ll pick what you are gonna eat Oct 29, 2008
Oh boy, where should I start.. Bandar Djakarta is somewhat quite a distance away from the main town. But it is worthed *trust me*. And even tho its not exactly in town, most of cab driver will know where ancol is, so getting there will not be a problem.

When you get through the entrance, you ll be welcomed by the sight of this huge open air long tables, with some stage where some live performances will *supposedly* entertain you for the whole night. And further down there are some aquarium with live fish *not the one you ll eat*. I suppose you can look at them when you are eating which I believe is what some people will enjoy dearly.

And here is the good part just to the right of the entrance is this part where you can pick, choose, and ogle over the different kinda sea creatures you can eat. And yes some of them *or most of them I believe* are still alive. Fresh seafood dishes are the best I would say

Further down, there are more tables and some more private quarters which i believe can be booked for some small-ish gathering. And whats good with this part of bandar djakarta is that some tables are meant to be real close to the waterfront. My fave obviously since the sight of open water just makes me giddy.

With all the different shellfish, fish, crabs, and everything *I was soooo happy trust me*, we settled for some grilled flat fish *that i cant remember the name*, some black pepper crab, and two different shellfish with two different sauces. They are all soo good, when my dad asked which one is my fave, I was just staring at the food obviously struggling to pick a favourite, haha thats typical me, Am very very indecisive. But this time its for good reason. They are all equally delicious, I was having a real good eating time.

Service was good, fast, and the waiters/waitresses are very very polite. Which i rarely found in Jakarta.

All in all, a real good experience

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals