Banaue Rice Terraces

Banaue, Philippines

Banaue Rice Terraces Reviews

Cristine27 Cristine…
Banaue Rice Terraces Aug 30, 2013
The Banaue Rice Terraces are 2,000-year old terraces that were carved into the mountains of Ifugao in the Philippines by ancestors of the indigenous people. The Rice Terraces are commonly referred to by Filipinos as the "Eighth Wonder of the World". -Wikipedia

From Manila to Banaue is about 9 hours by bus. The bus leaves 10PM and arrives 7AM and perfect to go straight to see the rice terraces. There are many lodging houses in Banaue where you can stay. I like trekking that is why I enjoyed this trip.
Me :=))
Banaue Rice Terraces- Philippines
Cristine27 says:
@ paulo_collection- I stayed in Banaue Homestay :=))
not expensive, friendly owner and the place has a nice view. Enjoy!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2014
paulo_collection says:
if possible in the center because my first time to travel in Luzon
paulo_collection says:
looking for accommodation not so expensive but comfortable
janfranco9 janfranc…
Banaue, A True Wonder of the World Jan 09, 2013
I have been waiting all my life to visit the Banaue Rice Terraces. I see it on the 1000 peso bill and numerous advertisements and tourism sites. Since I was headed to Sagada and was on the same way, I took the opportunity to drop by and feed my curiosity.

Yes I do have a high expectation for Banaue Rice Terraces, famously known as the 8th wonder of the world? there must be something special right?

These terraces are more than 2000 years old and is still being used for planting rice and vegetables. Towering at approximately 5000 ft. and covering a total of 10,360 square kilometers of land (well someone did his research!) it sure does offer a jaw-dropping view! They said the perfect time to check out the rice terraces is during the month of April or May which is just before the harvesting season but hey I don't mind, I reckon it is beautiful at any season. The sad fact is that the young Ifugaos are no longer that interested in planting and preserving the rice terraces, a negative effect of technology maybe?

My favorite guide is Kuya Dandy Umhao. you may contact him at 09103465310 or email him at dandy_umhao13@yahoo.com. I did not stay here that long that's why I did not post any details about my expenses. I chose to stay at Batad, Ifugao and will be blogging about it later.

Banaue did not fail me, the scenery is absolutely awe-inspiring! It was a dream come true and now I can proudly say "Iv'e seen that beauty!" while looking at your 1000 peso bill at hand.
see you next week Rice Terraces
denwil denwil
Exploring the 8th wonder of the world, the " UNESCO " Heritage site Mar 16, 2013
The rice terraces is clustered into the four district in Ifugao. Among the oldest are Banaue, Hungduan, Mayoyao and Kiangan. This are included as UNESCO heritage site list characterizing it as the " Living Cultural Landscape ".

I was born and leave in this area for my whole life and my specialty is doing guiding and driving tourist around the region. For any one who like to experience the secret beauty of the place, please contact me at "denwil123@yahoo.com " mobile number +639184369055/+09273051710.
Batad rice terraces
Bangaan rice terraces
Spider wave rice terraces Hungduan
Dakkitan rice terraces Hungduan
touristdriver touristd…
Some valuable tourist information Apr 14, 2012
The first time I went to Banaue 4 years ago it was on Good Friday of the Lenten season and it took us 7hrs only to get there by daylight. It is around 388kms from Manila airport to Banaue via SCTEX. The second time was on a rainy day and it was a long 12hrs drive… with lots of stops though. Night trip would be the best time to travel from manila to Banaue but I strongly advice not to travel at night anywhere in the mountain region. Toyota Innova is best for a long drive especially if you’re alone or three.

Banaue town is a good base for exploring the rice terraces in the mountain province such as the Batad, Bangaan, etc.! The town basically a stretch of road along a mountain trail, within which there are other little networks of streets that go up and down the mountain that the town sits on. There is an assortment of budget guesthouse on the main strip in Banaue. I always suggest Banaue view inn. They sit on top of a hill which has a very good view of the whole town. Problem with this place is they don’t have wi-fi and restaurant.

I usually stay at my friend’s place… The Banaue Homestay. It’s is not in the center but the rooms is quite better than most. It is a home away from home for me and the place is quieter than those in the center. http://banauehomestay.weebly.com/rooms.html

Batad is the most popular terraces for its amphitheater landscape. It is about 21kms away from the Banaue. One needs to ride a tricycle to Batad junction which is about 12kms on winding and bumpy roads. It takes about 45 minutes. A trek uphill from junction to the saddle point. You can rent a jeep to saddle point for convenience. Foot trail along the side of the mountain from saddle point to Batad town is about 4kms. For those who are out of shape, you can visit Bangaan village instead of Batad. It is a half hour trek to Bangaan. The accommodation in Batad is quite basic and not that many. There are five inns located on the hill overlooking the Batad Village.

Other sites not to be missed are the viewpoints in Banaue. The last and original viewpoint is less than 4kms.

Related Travel Blogs About Banaue Rice Terraces

The Banaue Rice Terraces: So so so worth the drive
The Banaue Rice Terraces is one of the five Unesco World Heritage sites in the Philippines. And I am so proud of finally making it there. With the work I do, I meet a lot of tourists traveling to the…Banaue Rice Terraces is one of the five Unesco World Heritage sites in the Philippines. And I am so proud…
Banaue Rice Terraces at last!
I woke up while everybody was still sleeping at dawn. We stopped over in Nueva, Vizcaya for those who wanted to pee (whose bladder were about to explode).  Nueva Vizcaya is a … Rice Terraces. As we get off the bus, somebody from the outside approached us and offered a tour to the rice terraces. Since we didn…
Terraces and villages
For breakfast we ate at the Stairway Lodge's restaurant.  They had quite a good selection in their menu.  On the way to Hiwang village, we dropped by the Florida bus station …Banaue rice terraces and the Hiwang terraces could be viewed from here, too. From Hiwang village we went to 2 viewpoints…

Check Banaue Hotel Deals