Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter)

Batad, Philippines
Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) - Denwil's Van
Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) - Denwil
Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) - Raffy
Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) - Denwil
Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) - Denwil. Back from his overseas job. Back for good!

Banaue-Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) Reviews

planisphere planisph…
Batad's Driver and Guide (plus Porter) May 23, 2009
If you are going to Batad, things would be a little uncomfortable and people in Banaue would try to rip you off with their Jeep/transpo services. Either you go to the Tourist Information Center and ask for the approved rate (which would eat extra time).

I would like to recommend our driver and guide (cum porter).

Denwil Batangog - Certified Tour Guide/Professional Driver. His phone number - +639184369055 / +639273051710. Email address:;

fb -

He was recommended by Hillside to me, and we just talked via SMS. With no reservation paid, he was at the bus station waiting for us when we arrived. He talked passable English and knows good places to eat and places to see - like a mummy. I think his rate is just the normal rate in Banaue/Batad route. His van is comfortable too.

For our last trip, I asked Denwil to bring us to Bangaan, Hungduan, Hapao and he brought us there with free trip to Ducligan. Also, we cooked our dinner, took care of us during our camping in ethnic village and he even brought us to his house to meet his family. I like this guy a lot!

Raffy Addug - Batad Guide/Porter. His phone number is +63 928 951 6577.

He was recommended by Denwil. At first I was hesitant to get a guide, but since my sister and Steph wanted a porter, so he got him for a porter. Then, he established good rapport among us, then we got him for a guide in Batad.
Denwil's Van
denwil says:
All are in nice comments,,,, experience is the best teacher...
Posted on: Oct 17, 2014
andrejav says:
There is only one bad thing about this terraces which is hassle of the "guides" and constant pressure to pay transport triple money for what is worth. You DO NOT NEED guide to walk anywhere around, but they built some kind of mafia network and no one wants to take you to the places at normal rates. Rates are 1200 for Jeepney and 700 for tricycle, and usually there is someone walking with you. Locals pay 50p to get to the Batad Saddle, but you cant find the times when local transport goes around because no one wants to say it.
Truth is that there are amazing rice terraces all over and you dont need to go trough hassle of Banaue. Another truth is that you should go and STAY in Batad and wake up with beautiful scenery instead of trying to go there and back in the same day.
Posted on: Jan 28, 2013
zinkie says:
Hello all! I'm a Singaporean traveller and I would like to recommend a superb guide called Irene:

Since my trip in May/June, she has helped greatly for my stay in Batad, advised on how to get there and subsequently when I needed help after leaving Batad, she was always there as well. Always happy and cheerful, she went out of her way as a guide to leave me with a fruitful trip with great memories.

Thoroughly patient and helpful like a sister to me! I would hope more of you meet her and she will bring you to all the scenic places for photo-snapping :)

I had a great time chatting w her and learning abt the beautiful Batad from her.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2012