Banana City Hotel Sarajevo

Banana City Hotel Sarajevo Rates and Deals

Banana City Hotel Sarajevo Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Funny name- "funny" stay Apr 06, 2015
When I needed a hotel near the airport in Sarajevo, I chose the Banana City Hotel. It is impossible to miss it, because already at the entrance to Sarajevo from a distance you can see a huge sign with the name of the hotel. The hotel is just a few kilometers away from the airport.

My friend and I arrived late in the evening in Sarajevo and already early in the morning we had to be at the airport. We parked a car in front of the hotel entrance, behind the main street. The hotel surroundings were dark and poorly lighted. My friend and I got a double room simply furnished, without balcony and with a private bathroom. It was not particularly clean and tidy room, but for one night we were able to withstand it. WiFi connection was free and available in the room. It was not very important as we did not have time to use it. We ordered a wake up in room at the reception, as we did not want to miss the plane by any chance. During the night we could not sleep a second from the noise in the hallway and next- door rooms. Breakfast was included in the price, but we had to leave before it and we did not get anything in compensation.

At dawn we came down to the reception and found a young man who we met at arrival to the hotel several hours ago. We payed him on hand in cash eighty convertible marks ( Bosnian currency), the equivalent of forty euros, as it was the price for two persons. We expected to get a bill, however receptionist put the money in his pocket, thanked us and wished us a safe journey. We were surprised completely by that behavior and unsatisfied with all the accommodation, so in future there is no way to revisit this place. In my opinion three stars are too much for this hotel, that looks very cheap from outside and inside, whereas they boast having the best offer the value for money in the city. What to expect from the hotel with such a name!
monkeymia79 says:
Wow, he put the money in his pocket? I hope he is the owner then. lol

Thank you for the honest review.
Posted on: Oct 31, 2016
Cho says:
Yes, what a funny name for a hotel but the receptionist putting the cash in his pocket and not giving you a receipt is not so funny!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2016

Banana City Hotel Sarajevo Overview

General Description: 3 star accommodations Accessible to many local attractions Great combination for business and pleasure Ideal accommodations for a vacation getaway Prime location Location: Conveniently located in Sarajevo Restaurants & Lounges: Onsite restaurant Full service bar/lounge Accommodations 66 guestrooms Comfortable rooms

Banana City Hotel Amenities