Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals

Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Staying next to the stars Mar 20, 2013
I stayed at this hostel since I wanted to stay close to the central parts of Hollywood – and it was the cheapest option I could find in this area. I figured it would be easy to find from the street which is running pretty much along with interstate 101 through Hollywood. But for some unknown reason I kept driving past this hostel in the dark – they must have too small a sign or something – so I didn’t notice it in the dark. When I finally found the hostel the sign actually looked fairly big – but obviously not noteworthy enough for me to notice it.

I went up to the hostel which got a pretty big parking space in front of it so it is easy to park a car – the city of Angels is actually the city of cars. I got a cheap bed for the night in one of the dorms which were pretty full. One think I am sure of about this hostel is – they definitely didn’t spend too much cash on cleaning the rooms. I was afraid to touch the walls – just in case I would end up getting stuck to the strange substance which seemed to live on the wall. The toilets were slightly better – but things like making sure there was adequate toilet tissue available on the toilets weren’t a major concern for the hostel.

The location is pretty good and the hostel is within walking distance of the Walk of Fame and the Chinese theatre – not that you’ll find many people walking in LA – it is sort of against the nature of people living in the area they feel safer behind the wheels.

The hostel attracted a bit of a mixed bunch of people. Of course they had a few tourist coming to America to see Hollywood – but it seemed they had more people staying here on a long term basis. They had group sharing a room that I got to talk to a bit and share a few beers. They all lived and worked in Hollywood. One was doing what I would consider a normal kind of job as a bartender. But one of the other was living the Hollywood dream of working in showbiz. And just what did he do in showbiz? He was a professional audience spectator for television shows being filmed in the studios around Hollywood. I didn’t even know this was a possible way to make a living but I guess it is in Hollywood.

Another of the guest felt he was being unfairly pursued by the police and he had to go back to Florida for a court appearance later – due to the fact some police had arrested him for driving under the influence. This he considered harassment since he had only had about 3 beers when they pulled him over. I guess this is the reason why people thought it would be a great idea if I drove my rental car down to the nearest shop to get more beers – after I had just emptied most of a six pack. I declined while we were watching a high speed car chase taking place on the 101 which we could see from the area in front of the rooms.
christine4321 says:
wow a professional audience spectator, I want that job!
Posted on: Mar 28, 2013
bigmac993 says:
Good one Mickey!
Posted on: Mar 20, 2013
rsvpme says:
That was worthy of a great chuckle...Nice review !
Posted on: Mar 20, 2013