Bamburgh View

Bamburgh View - Breakfast room
Bamburgh View - Bathroom
Bamburgh View - Our bedroom
Bamburgh View - Bamburgh View B&B

Compare Belford Hotel Rates (8km away)

Bamburgh View Lindisfarne Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Comfortable and central B&B Aug 21, 2012
I picked out this B&B because it has a central location in the village, is reasonably priced (we paid £80 a night for a small en suite double) and gets rave reviews. It proved to be a very friendly, comfortable base for our two night stay on the island, so a good choice.

The Bamburgh View has three rooms – a large double en-suite with a sofa bed for a third person on the ground floor, a smaller double en-suite also on the ground floor, and a double with a separate private bathroom on the first floor. We chose the middle of these and it was indeed small – if we return (and I think we may well do so) I would book the larger room which was only £10 a night dearer.

Our room though did have the benefit of being the only one of the three (I think) to be at the back of the house, overlooking the small garden and the (quite distant) view of Bamburgh Castle that gives the property its name. The bed was comfortable, with good quality linens, and there was a flat screen TV (which we didn’t watch so I have no idea what channels are available). A refreshment tray had hot chocolate and filtered water as well as the usual tea and coffee. Hanging space was very limited – no wardrobe, only a few pegs and hangers on the wall. This is not a problem for a stay of only a few nights but might be for those making a longer visit – again, the larger room would suit better as it seemed to have a wardrobe from the glance I got.

The good-sized bathroom had an excellent shower and was well supplied with thick towels, but no toiletries apart from hand-wash – slightly disappointing given the thoughtfulness displayed elsewhere in the accommodation, but not a problem as we’d brought our own.

Breakfast is served in a small dining area and was excellent – full cooked breakfast with good local produce, cereal and fresh fruit before that (delicious local strawberries!), and toast with a wide selection of locally made preserves to follow. The generous cafétiere of coffee was also good.

Jamie and Carole are very good hosts, friendly and full of helpful information about good places to eat and things to do. I would very happily stay here again on any future visit to the island.
Bamburgh View B&B
Posted on: Feb 12, 2017
loripori says:
Great review Sarah.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017

Compare Belford Hotel Rates (8km away)

Lindisfarne Map