Bamboozi Beach Lodge and Backpackers

Bamboozi Beach Lodge and Backpackers - Bamboozi, viewed from the beach

Bamboozi Beach Lodge and Backpackers Tofo Reviews

Petere12 Petere12
Best place in Tofo! Jul 20, 2011
It was certainly a breath of fresh air for me to visit Bamboozi! This was mainly because it was the warmest place I had been in Africa during the winter time. It seemed like your own getaway, it is a little bit secluded at the end of the beach.

I stayed in a 2 person hut and I loved it. All it is is a small room with two cots and two mosquito nets. There is a community bathroom. The showers are not always working the best but it gets the job done.

There is a restraunt and bar right on the ocean. The food is good and affordable. They also have drink specials that are pretty cheap.

It is about a ten minute walk to the market where you can trade things for various items.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful. You can lay out and swim or you can go surfing, diving, or on an ocean safari. The staff is extremely friendly and easy to get along with. At night you must go lay out on the beach and star gaze, it is breath taking!

This was my favorite spot I stayed at in Mozambique! I literally felt at home. It is a beautiful hostel and a good place to visit!
Pialita Pialita
Best in Tofo Apr 17, 2011
Mamboozi has a wonderful location at the far end of the beach. It´s quiet, but there´s a restaurant with decent food, and the dive-center on the site provides a good community for divers. Dive-center is excellent, nice owners and staff, very professional and safety-minded. The chalets vary in size, mosquito nets in rooms. We got an extra bed with no charge. The view from the restaurant beats everything. We checked out the other hostel (can´t remember the name) that is closer to the "town", Bamboozi is a far better choice.
Deck outside of the restaurant
Weather station
Bamboozi, viewed from the beach
Entrance from the beach
natt319 natt319
The Best Backpacker Option in Tofo Apr 09, 2011
Sure, a bit far down the beach from town, but we all need the exercise, don't we? It's about 15min from Bamboozi to Tofo, so it's not that bad. I liked being at the end of the beach, though, because it's away from the beach vendors and it's quieter and more private.

No bar scene, really, but you can go to Fatima's for that.

FYI, after getting all my stuff chewed through by the mice at Fatima's I went over to Bamboozi and they were great about giving me a better rate for my trouble.

Nice staff as well!