Bamboo Bungalows

Check Boracay Hotel Deals

Bamboo Bungalows Boracay Reviews

JeAr JeAr
Good Location, Good Accommodation Apr 19, 2008
When I was in Boracay, I stayed at the Bamboo Bungalows located at what is known as Station 2, very close to D'Mall.

The whole place was very quiet and laid-back. It is also right next to the part of the beach where there's less algae. There's also a tattoo parlor right outside of it that is famous amongst the regulars of Boracay, and the shopping area (D'Mall), several restaurants and bars are just a few steps away.

I stayed at one of their 'fan rooms' which is actually a double bungalow of sorts and built like a typical nipa house you can find in most rural areas of the country. The walls and roof are made up of native materials. The room has one double-bed and a toilet and bath (no hot water, though) and a front porch complete with a hammock, a table, and two chairs. It can actually accomodate up to 3 people.

I didn't mind that there was no air-conditioning because the air was cool enough. Although the electric fan was rusty, it did its job. There wasn't any cockroaches nor rats either, so my only enemy were mosquitoes, which the net over my bed took care of. The bungalow is also surrounded by trees and tropical plants, and I couldn't help but feel like I was in an isolated place. My room was a bit further down the resort, but not too far to be an inconvenience. There are air-conditioned rooms/villas that face the beach as well, for a higher price, of course.

The resort doesn't have any amenities like pools, tennis courts, etc. And frankly, those things would ruin the whole concept of the place. There is a restaurant inside that serves free breakfast to guests, but there's nothing special about it. I didn't really see any living soul there during the afternoon all the way till the evening. I guess it's just there to serve breakfast, because guests normally dine at the beachfront restos outside of the resort.

It wouldn't have hurt if I had someone to share the room with (and the cost). But, I still want to stay there next time, maybe in June if my office friends don't change their minds. The rates are lower and if split between 2-3 people, it'll be very affordable! All in all, I had a pleasant experience! Je revendrai la! :-)
the front desk
the view outside of the gate
some of the rooms