Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals

Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh Reviews

mszoey mszoey
Nov 09, 2007
I only stayed at the Balmoral one night so was not able to make use of all its facilities. The gym and spa looked really nice and I did not eat at any of there restuarants.

The cost is so high, so I would say stay here only if you are looking to endulge. The room was nice, bed was only a double so a bit small for two people and we had asked for a twin room.

The bathroom was amazing! Huge bath tub, nice bath products and just really nice room all together, I could have spent a lot of time in that room alone ;-).

The hotel has valet parking at a high cost (£30) and they park the cars far away so need to give them at least 30 minute notice to fetch your car when you need it.

Location is great for both new and old town, comfortable walking distance from both.

The conceirege was very helpful in booking us for dinner and sites.

Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh Overview

The Rocco Forte Collection's The Balmoral is a luxury hotel in the true sense of the word. It is a stylish five-star property in the very heart of Edinburgh. The Balmoral has been beautifully refurbished and individually designed by Olga Polizzi. The 188 opulent suites and stylish rooms have magnificent views of the city or the hotel's internal courtyard. For a memorable culinary experience, visit number one - the only Michelin-starred hotel restaurant in Edinburgh or try the chic and stylish Hadrian's Brasserie. In addition, Palm Court hosts Scotland's only Bollinger Champagne Bar. For utter relaxation visit The Balmoral's award-winning Spa, with its 15metre pool, ESPA treatment rooms and fully-equipped gym.The Balmoral's ten conference and banqueting suites all enjoy natural daylight and stunning views of Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street or the historic Old Town. They can accommodate a wide range of events from intimate dinner parties to large receptions.

Balmoral Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Luggage Storage
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out

Related Travel Blogs About Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh

Dublin
In the lead up to my birthday I had decided to take my birthday off to save me sitting at work, so I made a plan to meet Cam for lunch that day and he would finish early and we could go for a meal. C…Edinburgh town, including the Balmoral Hotel, we I got a call saying he was running late and for me to get on the airlink…
Castles, bagpipes and ghosts
For this day I had just one goal, and one goal only: to explore Edinburgh. I heard a lot about this city and all of it was positive, so we took a taxi right to Princes Street, which is one of the mai…Edinburgh Castle. A little bit further there is the massive Balmoral Hotel and after that the big road that…
Edinburgh and The Boarders
Up to Edinburgh I headed. Plan was to stay at the Balmoral hotel the first night and then drive to The Boarders to see "family" land of our ancestors.Well, just want to put some comments down, the tr…Edinburgh I headed. Plan was to stay at the Balmoral hotel the first night and then drive to The Boarders…

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals