Balmaraca Hotel

Balmaraca Hotel - The view of the parking lot from my room
Balmaraca Hotel - The hotel
Balmaraca Hotel - The view from my room
Balmaraca Hotel - The view of the water from my room

Compare Dornie Hotel Rates (6km away)

Balmaraca Hotel Balmacara Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Balmacara Hotel at the sea May 31, 2013
We went into this hotel while driving towards the Isle of Skye. It was starting to get a bit late and there weren’t that many places offering accommodation - we had checked the village before and there was no more space. So when we got here we decided to look into this little white hotel and the coast of Scotland.

Three wasn’t many cars out in front of the hotel so we asked for rooms and we got them - but were told that the hotel was almost fully booked. We figured this was just a trick to avoid giving too much of a discount - but a little later a busload of French tourist arrived and it turned out that this hotel was a major stop on the French tourist trail of Scotland - possible due to the fact that the receptionist at least spoke some broken French and hence were able to give some assistance to the busloads of Frenchmen who spoke none or in best case very limited English.

We get rooms in the new wing of the hotel which is ok. I got a room on the first floor which is a great advantage. Since I got a nice view of the coast from the room and I can see the Isle of Skye - some of the other rooms got less of a view so I am fairly happy with the view.

Except for the view the room is pretty unremarkable there are a couple of beds, a standard bathroom with the basics and a couple of chairs plus you got the option to boil water if you like a cup of coffee or tea at night.

There are not many options for eating in this little village - but fortunately the hotel got a restaurant. They got a special offer for guest who can dine in a separate room from the other dinners. This turns out to be an advantage when a busload of French tourist is taking up most of the space in the dining room. We are asked to give our orders in the reception and sit down and wait in the reception and asked if we would like a drink before the dinner. I am not sure why they don’t just take us to the table straight away but this seems to be the way they do things around here.

We are taken to a different room from the big restaurant next to the reception. In here it is quite with no sign of the Frenchmen and we got a view out over the water. The benefit of having to wait in the reception before the dinner is - that we sit down the food arrives quickly and we are not stuck behind a busload of Frenchmen being served before us.

In the morning there is a breakfast in the down stair restaurant next to the reception. There is a buffet continental breakfast with all which comes with this like toast, jam, yogurt, juice and so on. In addition you can choose a cooked breakfast to your liking. It can just be a simple omelet or the full Scottish breakfast including a bit of haggish if you fancy.
Beds
Chair at the window
The view from my room
The view of the parking lot from m…

Compare Dornie Hotel Rates (6km away)

Balmacara Map