Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Reviews

TallAdamOC TallAdam…
Affordable in the middle of it all Jan 02, 2011
I stayed at Bally's with a couple of my friends. One of them used points to book the hotel. I told him to try the "$20 bill trick" and see what happens. The front desk clerk upgraded us to a junior suite, but as always when doing the "trick" your mileage may vary.

Upon entering the room, I suppose we were expecting more as the room was just a little bit bigger than the standard room, but it was still a good size for 3 people. Other than the above average size, the room and bathroom were pretty normal run of the mill Las Vegas hotel rooms.

The hotel has a variety of restaurants including a lounge and Italian restaurant. But it also has an indoor walkway to Paris Hotel which makes access to that hotel (and its restaurants very easy).

The location is very good. It is right in the middle of the Strip, across from the Bellagio. The monorail stop is out back near the pool so you can easily go to other hotels and see more of Vegas. It was Winter when I stayed there so I don't know if the monorail makes the pool unpleasant with the noise, but I would think that it is still pleasant. What is nice about that is that from where my room was, I didn't have to walk through the entire casino (and the Las Vegas standard cigarette smoke) to get to the monorail; though this probably depends on the room location as well.

I'm not going to tell you that this hotel is not your basic hotel on the Las Vegas Strip, because it is your basic hotel. But what appeals me about this hotel is its location. You are basically in the middle of it all! And what more would you want when you're in Vegas!
panthyah panthyah
Bally's Jan 24, 2011
My stay here was very nice, the rooms clean and the coast was not too bad for a room with hot tub. I would stay there again if in Vegas again.
jfray11 jfray11
Middle of the Strip May 27, 2010
Ballys is centrally located on the strip for easy access to many of the hotels and casinos nearby.
sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Big rooms, cheap upgrades, good location but worn Apr 26, 2009
I stayed here during the second 1/2 of my trip in April. Upon check-in I was offered an upgrade to a suite for an extra $15/per night, so I took the deal.

The suite was very large probably about 900 square feet; a ton of wasted floor space - not even a couch in the big room, but rather 2 chairs and a small table. The little tv was about 30' away from the bed with nothing in between.

The room was well worn - hadn't been updated in about 15-20 years, and not all that clean.

One excellent feature of the room was floor to ceiling windows, wall to wall. However, the windows were really dirty so it killed the view of the Bally's entrance and the ever-changing lit towers at the entrance.

There was a sunken tub in the bathroom area which wasn't the cleanest, so we didn't use it. Toilet was in it's own room, as was the bidet - odd that it was in a separate room. The separate shower was in a stall surrounded by plexiglass, which was cloudy and not very clean. Dimly lit with florescent, ugly bulbs. Since the bath area was one step up from the rest of the room an automatic florescent "safety" light kept coming on all through the night whenever either one of us moved a muscle while sleeping......very annoying.

The room was also non-smoking, however it still smelled like smoke- carpet was probably the culprit here.

The pool area was adequate though not the fanciest, but we enjoyed it anyway (what's not to love, it was April and I wasn't in Wisconsin!) The bar near the pool was alright and had minimal selection of beverages.

Restaurants in the hotel were available. One Mexican place was always busy but offered cramped quarters and an average menu.

The Italian restaurant in this place, al Dente, was a great experience. A very nice wine selection, big menu, romantic atmosphere, and offered nightly specials which helped with the budget. Food here was very good, I can safely recommend it.

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower