Balloon Ride

Vilnius, Lithuania

Balloon Ride Vilnius Reviews

rituke rituke
Balloon Ride over Vilnius Jul 03, 2012
Lithuania is lucky having a possibility to fly over Vilnius, capital of Lithuania and one of the most beautiful city in Europe. Since Vilnius International Airport is not so busy and City itself is comfortable, you will see at least several balloons over city almost every summer day. Sightseeing Vilnius from a balloon is one of the most spectacular things you should do in Lithuania!

Ballooning Centre will offer you a hot air balloon ride over Vilnius, Trakai or any other place in Lithuania.

If you fly for the first time you will be baptized according the old ballooning traditions, honourable titles and first flight certificates will be granted to you. Hot air balloon team invite you for a glass of champagne.

I‘ve got such a perfect present on my Birthday from my husband couple years ago! He made my dream to come true!  He presented me a trip by hot air balloon over Vilnius!!! It was a fantastic flight, we both experienced something unusual and exciting! Loved it really, it was great to watch Vilnius from bird‘s fly! Sometimes we reached such a high that could feel something is „wrong“ with your ears!(like being in the plane!) Well, we were in 700-800m high! And also sometimes it seemed you can jump from that „flying box“ easily from 3-4 high only were then! It was really experiences for life! The flight took 1h 20min but with preparation and everything it took about 4 hours at all! I‘d love to repeat such a trip someday in the future in other place!..
Vipin Vipin
Different perspective Mar 24, 2010
While most people visit Angkor Wat for the temples, this inevitably involves a lot of trekking or being driven around in a tuk tuk by a local driver/guide. The balloon ride offers a different perspective of the whole site. There are two big reservations about this site though. Firstly, the balloon ride doesn’t go anywhere - you get in, go up for maybe 10 minutes or so and then come down. It’s all very safe but the stereotypical balloon ride it is not! Secondly, it’s rather expensive - I think it was at least ten dollars when I went in 2010, and they seem to hike prices up as much as they can.

Reservations and grumbles aside, I’m glad I went. You get to see the Angkor Wat skyline in such an impressive way. The overview is great and you suddenly realise just how grand Jayavaraman’s achievements were. For this reason alone, and to say you did something different at Angkor, the balloon ride is worth considering.
Vlindeke says:
We both had fun ;)
Vipin says:
great minds think alike Ineke!
Vlindeke says:
I did exactly the same ride :)

Related Travel Blogs About Balloon Ride

Up Up and Away
We had attempted to take the balloon ride near Angkor Wat yesterday but it had been closed due to high winds (there was no discernable wind at ground level but there you go ...) so we thought we…balloon ride near Angkor Wat yesterday but it had been closed due to high winds (there was no discernable wind…
Flying Above Angkor
I still have a vivid memory from my visit to the Angkor Archaeological Park, big forest and some small little kampong house with children as young as 3 or 4 running around. Right at the other corner,…Angkor Archaeological Park with a micro light flight! You don’t get that recommendation on your Lonely Planet or neither on Travel+Leisure.  Thanks to Eddie Smith…
Siem Reap - Day 3 - Angkor Wat
I was so excited that today I would be able to view the major reason for visiting Siem Reap - to see Angkor Wat.  My driver and tour guide arrived to pick me up at 8am and we were off to Angkor …Angkor Wat until we left just before lunch and then I went on the balloon ride.  This cost $15USD…

Check Vilnius Hotel Deals