Balloon Air De Paris

www.ballondeparis.com - 01 44 26 20 00

Balloon Air De Paris Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Great views in Paris Sep 23, 2011
Doug and I were attending an event in Paris and won 2 tickets from MGI for the Balloon Air de Paris. As we only had one day left, we didn't have the luxury to wait for a clear sunny day to take advantage of it. So the weather was overcast, but with little wind. As it turned out, the weather gave us an opportunity to experience a different look than the usual Paris skyline.

We had a hard time finding the balloon since directions weren't clear, but our roundabout way of finding it gave us an opportunity to walk through some neighborhoods and parts of the Parc André Citroën we probably would not have seen. I especially loved the bamboo plantings and their gentle rustling sounds.

As we came into the clearing we finally saw the balloon. It wasn't as large as I imagined it, which explains why we couldn't see it above the trees and buildings. The balloon is in a clearing in the center of the park and there's also a small visitor and information center at the sight.

We only had to wait 10 minutes for our ride, and we were the only visitors. I don't think it's a real popular place for tourists unless the weather is clear, warm & sunny.

I have to say, I was really impressed by the view. And it was interesting to be able to take pictures from so high up (150 meters) that are of a different skyline than what you have from the Eiffel Tower, or Montmarte. And because it was overcast, I'm pleased with the different effect my pictures had. I only wished I had taken pictures of the wench mechanism - Doug and I like that mechanical kind of stuff and we certainly spent a good amount of time watching the workings of the cables and checking out the control panel.

I was also impressed by being able to see the park from this unusual view. You wouldn't notice from the ground, but there was a structural plan to the plantings and walks. I know most parks of this type are laid out with a plan, but to see it from the air gives you a new perspective. And because it was November, and the trees still had leaves and color, it was really beautiful.

The cost is not high with adults at 12€ on week-ends and 10 € on weekdays. Visit Balloon to Paris, the world's largest tethered balloon. After all, you are in Paris, go for it!
Balloon de Paris
View of Parc André Citroën
A different view of the Eiffel Tow…
More of the Parc André Citroën