Bale Sasak Hotel

Check Gili Trawangan Hotel Deals

Bale Sasak Hotel Gili Trawangan Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Bale Sasak Hotel Jan 14, 2017
Gili Travangan or Gili T as they call it is one of the islands between Bali and Lombok. It is definitely a popular spot for anyone who is going island hoping. Island is small and there are no real attractions on it. Basically lots of parties, bars, fresh fish and beginner diving.

Before coming in, I checked the availability of the hotels on the island and got surprised that 110 hotels were listed… Let me remind you that it is a small island… So, when I arrived, I made my way to the first restaurant and start asking over bear. Most of the sand streets that are going inland are full of small homestays and I was sent towards one of those.

I got into Bale Sasak Hotel after the few blocks and made deal for one of their cottages. It was some 18$ for nice two story building with AC. Bottom floor had very nice outdoor shower. Bathroom was also very nice and clean. You can get cheaper place for about 12$, but it was a bit wet and gloomy.

When you enter the compound you are in the restaurant where they serve breakfast. It is not bad, but maybe you can go for something more local. They have nice shady garden that goes towards the pool area. Pool is the focal point of the place. Well done and pretty deep, staff is cleaning it every day and there is always someone chilling around it. While I was here, one guy was plastering the walls of the compound to look like natural volcanic and coral wall. He was doing excellent job, especially in painting it.

Room on the second floor is very nice. Huge bed occupies most of the floor and rest of the area has a TV and place to leave your stuff. AC is kind of good because you can’t close balcony doors shut nor seal yourself from the bottom open floor. It is a least effective AC that I have seen, but it is necessary because there is no fan and it gets warm during the day. Nights are not that bad, but lack of mosquito net prevented me from opening the balcony doors.

Bottom door is locked by a small padlock that you can break with almost no effort. Luckily looks like no one is steeling around here…

The only negative thing about all experience was the mosque located right behind the compound. The guy that calls for prayer is killing by the volume of his speaker and bad singing. He also has the habit of singing around 1am and then again at 5am… It is total harassment of my sleep and I cursed him every single night. I have been to many Muslim countries, but this guy is overdoing it so much that I had to leave after the second night. Maybe he is trying to show his influence on this party sand bar and our sleep...

There are bunch of young guys that are working in this hotel. Most of them are clueless about everything and they will give you imaginary information, prices and talk nonsense. Looks like it is past time on this island to pretend that you know something. Generally they are alright to chat with and they do good job in helping around the hotel.

Check Gili Trawangan Hotel Deals