Baldrock View Farmstay

Check Kaiwaka Hotel Deals

Baldrock View Farmstay Kaiwaka Reviews

endevorl endevorl
Affordable and beautiful farmstay Jan 19, 2012
I wanted to experience rural farm life in New Zealand which has been my dream since childhood.

Baldrock View Farmstay made my dreams a reality. It had the picture perfect scenery that one could wish for while staying on a farm. Rolling green hills all around with sheep, horses and cows grazing on the meadows.

There is also a mini forest on the farm with native Kauri trees which gives ample opportunity for walks up the hilly forest region.

The farm hosts allowed me to drive their quad bike down the meadows whilst enjoying the beautiful 360 degree views all around. I also got to do some hands on farm work feeding the chickens and horses.

One of the adventurous tasks that I did was to operate an earth mower (I have attached the photos here) which the farm hosts use to level the farm land wherever needed.

The best part of the stay was that the farmhouse is ultra modern with all amenities that you can wish for in a city....high speed internet, free local phone calls, free laundry facility, modern kitchen, electric blankets on a cold night....etc.

The excellent part of the stay is that the farmhosts treat you like family....I almost felt like their adopted daughter....what with them spoiling me with delicious home cooked meals, allowing me to sleep in late in the mornings, use their computer to access internet and watch movies on their HUGE flat screen TV, participate in their barbecue dinners...the farm lady, Ingrid, even baked a delicious strawberry cake for me....Oh, I wish I could stay there forever........

I also got to participate in an auction to buy cattle where all rural farmers had gathered to inspect and buy felt good to witness that day in the life of farmers. I also went fruit picking in the orchards of the neighbourhood farm.

Recently, I heard they have added alpacas and pigs on their farm. There is also a hammock to laze on outside the farmhouse.

All in all, my days spent there were the experience of a lifetime...a slice of pure heavenly paradise ....I should ask them to rename the farmstay as "Paradise Farmstay"....cheers !!
Baldrock View Farm