Bald Rock National Park

Bald Rock National Park - deep gulleys

Bald Rock National Park Tenterfield Reviews

theonionlady theonion…
Pefect weekend exploring Apr 10, 2009
I have hiked through countless national parks in Australia, but my trip to Bald Rock was much more than I expected. I had actually never heard about it before and had to travel to the country town of Tenterfield for work. As soon as I checked into my little 'so close to the highway that the rumbling trucks going past the window rattle the windows' hotel, the manager shoved some brochures into my hand of all the local landmarks and attractions. I didn't have any plans to do any sightseeing but found myself with a day to spare, so decided to have a look through the small amount of information of things to 'see and do' around Tenterfield. Pretty soon I was tying up the laces on my walking shoes and headed off to discover Bald Rock National Park. The signposts need some definite upgrading as you would certainly miss it if you didn't know it was there, but it's only a 30 minute drive out of Tenterfield. There were only 3 other cars in the entrance car park. The walk quickly unfolded itself and I was instantly captivated by the beauty of the bushland and scenery. The climb to the top of Bald Rock took about 90 minutes on an easy grade. Magestic rock formations and towering gum trees lined the track. The view from the top was the big surprise. Sweeping views as far as the eye could see in every direction. We sat on top of Bald Rock enjoying our sandwiches and apples for almost an hour before reluctantly heading down the range. It really is one of Australia's best kept secrets. It is just magnificient. The views are the best I have seen and stretch beyond the horizon in every direction. Shy rock wallabies watched safely from the cover of the bush. There are several wineries in the area to enjoy and visit on the way back into town. Overall, a great weekend trip. I have since encouraged all my walking friends to make a weekend trip back to Bald Rock.
Secret canyons
amid majestic rocks
deep gulleys
escarpment views
margmack says:
I spent New Years Eve in the region! Perhaps you remember going through Wallangarra, right on the border? It is a great area and even better in the colder months! there are a couple of really great national parks. We drove round Mount Mackenzie just out of Tenterfield. Wonderful rock formations here as well.
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Bald Rock National Park

Bald Rock National Park
I have hiked through countless national parks in Australia, but my trip to Bald Rock was much more than I expected.  I had actually never heard about it before and had to travel to the coun…Tenterfield.  Pretty soon I was tying up the laces on my walking shoes and headed off to discover Bald Rock National Park

Check Tenterfield Hotel Deals