Balboa Park Japanese Friendship Garden

San Diego, California

Balboa Park Japanese Friendship Garden San Diego Reviews

nicolecarp nicoleca…
Balboa Park Japanese Friendship Garden May 13, 2010
I just going to say it, it may be mean but I wouldn't waste my time here. It's $4 to go in ($2.50 for students and seniors as well as military) and it is severely lame. Now, if you have been to the Japanese Garden in San Franciscos Golden Gate Park you will be mad you had high hopes for this one. If you haven't been to Golden Gate Park, save your money for that one.

The only cool thing I did was hand feed koi fish. Saw some bonsai trees and traditional Japanese items but there really wasn't much to this park, it was really small and lacked much to see. I believe they have some classes on ikebana (flower arrangement) and tea ceremonies. If either of these perk your ears up then maybe you should consider going in. If not, I will save you the time with photos.
nik2blessed says:
thought it was better, im going to check it out one day though
Posted on: May 19, 2010
magnificent says:
Gee Whiz!!! It's been awhile but they charge now?! That is crazy there are other features of the park that are free that I would pay but not here. It is a nice stop but from passing by it all the time I see they made it real touristy. It used to be a quiet and peaceful place at no cost!
Thanks for sharing your insight!
Posted on: May 14, 2010