Balboa Park Botanical Gardens

1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA, USA

Balboa Park Botanical Gardens San Diego Reviews

nicolecarp nicoleca…
Balboa Park Botanical Garden May 13, 2010
No matter what time of year it is Balboa Park is a great place in San Diego to visit if you have time on your hands. One of my favorite places at Balboa Park is the Botanical Garden. One of the best parts is that it is FREE to visit. (The whole park is free to hang out in but museums cost $).

You will be able to spot the Botanical Garden versus the others in the area by the large lath structure that encompasses the large fresh area of flowerness inside. Upon approach is the Lily Pond, it helps set the tranquil nature within the structure in my opinion. Or it could have been the Michael Boltonesque saxophone player out front..hmm

The garden was originally built for the 1915-1916 Exposition; the garden has a nice showing of seasonal flowers as well as long term flowers that live out their daily lives in San Diego. It helps to pay attention to each type of flower and read the names, your imagination can do the rest.
Warm day in December
Ballerina slippers
ADouble says:
Okay. I'm going to try to visit it when I go. Nice photos.
Posted on: Dec 17, 2012
magnificent says:
The garden is another one of my escapes (or being present) that I enjoy here in San Diego.
Posted on: May 13, 2010
Eric says:
Cool have been to this park, but never to the botanical gardens. Will check it out the next time I'm here. I like the international village they have there.
Posted on: May 13, 2010