Bakers Falls

Bakers Falls - 1/200s iso800 F6.3

Bakers Falls Horton Plains Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Attempting artsy photos at Bakers Falls Sep 07, 2011
Walking around the loop trail at Horton’s Plains National Park you will pass Bakers Falls. It’s a nice water fall down the hill from the main trail and it’s a must to take the short detour to go down and see the falls. I went down to see the falls - and ever since I years ago saw some photos somebody had taken at a waterfall with slow shooter speed I have had a tendency to try to freeze the water in all the waterfalls I see on my travels. I did make any exceptions here at Bakers Falls.

I went to the falls and saw the water pouring down the cliffs and at one spot there was a bit of green fern growing behind the water. I figured this was the perfect subject to do some experiments with different shooter speed, aperture and the film ISO. Unfortunately I didn’t bring any tripod or any other aid so I had to do the photos hand held - fortunately I had an easy night the night before so at least my hands weren’t shaking more than usual.
1/2500s iso3200 F5.6
1/1600s iso3200 F5.6
1/200s iso800 F6.3
1/50s iso200 F6.3
tj1777 says:
I used to have an old fashioned canon SLR camera before. Then back in 2007 I got the D40 on sale so I got it - back then the model was only a few month old so now four year later it seems ancient ;)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2011
Johnpro says:
It's 2007 model, not so old , with 10.1mp stay a good camera :)
The slr camera is always SLR ,
But i am a Nikon lover :)
The canon are faster but always if you change a model you change also and the lenses :)
Of course a tripod giving the freeze effect as you want :)
I like so much this pictures from waterfalls and fountains and I making a lot :)
cheers
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
tj1777 says:
Probably should have put that in the review - I use a Canon D40. Its getting to be a few years old but it still work pretty well.
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Bakers Falls

Horton Plains National Park
An early, very cold, start of the morning. Left the hotel at 6.00 am on our way to Horton Plains National Park. Although only about 35 kilometres away it was a long drive (about 1,5 hour), due to bad…Baker’s Falls’ (and climbing up again) the track is not too difficult but certainly not easy.   The Horton Plains
Bakers Falls Map