Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel Rates and Deals

Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok Reviews

ye_ch ye_ch
Bad buffet dinner Apr 24, 2013
We went to thee front desk on 19the Fl, for dinner buffet information. theey didn't give us thee exact information and we ended up being seated in thee inside table while we prefer an open air tables

The foods are just okay. The desserts section has very limited choices, thee service are bad. Not to mention, thee waitress are very rude. No wifi service at theis restaurant. Thankfully we were being entertained by a local magician.

The only pro for theis restaurant is it located at thee highest building in bangkok, otheer thean theat notheing is special.
pauldavidson pauldavi…
Very pleasant, and great value for money! Sep 22, 2012
wow, this hotel was fantastic! great value suite very high up (40th floor i think), with a great view over bangkok. the place was spotless for my few days stay, and the standard of the staff was very professional and courteous.

We never actually ate here, as we ventured into bangkok to discover some of the fantastic street food we had heard so much about, but judging from the pics it all looked very tasty!

Take a moment to go up to the viewing deck on floor 82, as it is amazing! i went up at night time, so the city came alive with all the lights. the deck revolves too so you can see bangkok from a full 360 degrees.

Negatives from the hotel was that in was not near a BTS skytrain station, the nearest being Phaya Thai or Siam depending on which way you walked, although it did take some time to negotiate the streets full of vendors and people alike! the main road which it is on does feel a little crammed too with market stalls limiting access if your in a car.

I was amazed at how cheap the room prices were, being in the tallest tower in Bangkok, with such fantastic staff and being as expensive to maintain as one can imagine, the hotel is very competitively priced, on par with some less desirable hotels for the same price (you definitely get your money's worth here!)
micky1982 micky1982
Very High, great say Oct 29, 2012
Stayed in the Baiyoke Sky Hotel for a week in January 2011.Hotel is in a great location, there is markets right out the front door of the hotel, a small shopping mall across the street and not a far walk to some bigger shopping malls. 88 stories high with a revolving rooftop. This made for a great stay but, because of the rooftop, there can be a big line for the elevators in the evening, which I skipped because i was staying there. There is a nice bar which has a driving range to hit some golf balls. Did not eat in the restaurant so I cant comment. Staff helpful and friendly and there is a shop inside to buy water, toiletries. Would stay again
saltish143 saltish1…
Tallest hotel but not Recommended one Jul 26, 2012
Hello Fellas,

This hotel is located in Pratunam and this is the tallest hotel of thailand. But unfortunately or fortunately this hotel was not for me. We went there to stay as it was supposed to be one of the bests of thailand but this hotel is NOT.

First problem is Luggage once you get there and you will have to wait for someone to take your luggage till reception but you have to go and call the bell boy yourself and still they would take their time to come for it. Actually, the problem is everybody want to stay there but management is more then poor.

I didnt have stamina to stay more, i booked this hotel in a promotion for 3 nights and had to stay there anyway because my booking was non refundable. As soon as my booking completed i changed the hotel right away.
joehobo says:
I was there a long time back and had a great time....
Posted on: Feb 14, 2013
Hamed79 Hamed79
Wonderful view of Bangkok Aug 19, 2011
I stayed 2 nights in Baiyoke Sky Hotel in Bangkok. The hotel is the tallest building of Bangkok. The rooms are large and comfortable. Rooms on higher floors are good as they give a nice view of the city. Breakfast was being served at tallest point in the restaurant, with a great view of Bangkok, with a wide variety of tasty food. Hotel staffs were professional and helpful. The hotel was l located at the center of Bangkok. It has easy access to the shopping centers which make it suitable hotel for the shoppers it is possible to find temporary night markets and early morning markets around the hotel.
PeteJohnson1234 PeteJohn…
Great place to start or end your visit to Thailand Mar 24, 2011
You can fly high above the great metrollops here in Bangkoks tallest building. Not too expensive and very clean and comfortable. Only down side is the lifts can be a bit congested. Can take 10 minutes to get from your room to the street. Take the lift up to the observation deck and enjoy the views over the city - stunning. Or enjoy the buffet in the restaurant next door.
ted332 ted332
Baiyoke Sky Hotel - Bangkok's Tallest Jan 11, 2010
Situated in Pratunam area, you could easily locate this hotel as it is the tallest building within the big shopping district and in the whole of Bangkok City. All service aspects are above standard in this hotel except for the location which is right in the middle of the marketplace. It's like putting a big hotel in the middle of Divisoria in the Philippines. It would be very convenient though for those who go to Bangkok for shopping(Divisoria and Greenhills style). I mean bargain shopping that is.

The standard rooms are huge, almost like a studio apartment. The big single room is partitioned into three: main bedroom, living room and dining area, and bathroom. The hotel has more than 80 stories, has a revolving viewdeck at the uppermost floor, and the free buffet breakfast for guests is at the Sky Restaurant at the 84th Floor. You'll have breakfast while viewing the Bangkok skyline.The main lobby is on the 18th floor. By taxi, it takes around 5-10 minutes to go to Siam Square where the Bangkok Train Station is. To take a taxi, just wait at the front of the hotel at the ground floor where taxis come and go, loading and unloading passengers on that area. Fare to Siam Square/BTS is around 50 baht if the meter is used. The hotel staff are active, professional and competent(ISO standard). Their service is so far so very good. I think the room rates are average, not so expensive and not so cheap.
revolving rooftop
Daive says:
Hi there! I love Baiyoke too, though we often stay at the smaller one, Baiyoke Suites :) It's cheaper than Baiyoke Sky (perfect for our budget hehe)...I love Pratunam, as it is accessible and mostly because it's a bargain area :D
Posted on: Apr 27, 2010
geek_goddess_jolie says:
Aww, almost went here but didn't have time. Also, we were deciding whether to go to Vertigo Bar at Banyan or to the Sky Bar. Anyway, I know it won't be long til my next trip to BKK :)
Posted on: Jan 11, 2010
ted332 says:
It's quite easy to go there, Pratunam area, just avoid the rush hour. Ha ha ha everytime I go out of the hotel, I always buy something when I go back up to my room. There's shopping everywhere! Cheap prices. :)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2009
dreya dreya
Stunning views! Sep 30, 2010
After a word of mouth recommendation we stayed at this hotel for four days and nights! Being the tallest building in Bangkok made it easily locatable and also made for fanatastic views! The revolving viewing deck was an added bonus and got some spectacular photos!

The Bar on one of the higher levels was very romantic at night, with views of several different lightening storms all around, and the food served was delicious (go for the peanut satay!)

The room was massive, we had a double room, and there was more than enough space for another three double beds! The shower was excellent, huge and very clean! As was the rest of the hotel very clean!

The location is a bit bizarre in the middle of a market but the taxi fares from the airport are very reasonbale if you make sure the drivers put it on the meter.

The only downside to this hotel was the staff who neither friendly or helpful!!
magnificent magnific…
Nice Transistion Spot Dec 01, 2009
Heard a personal review of the Baiyoke Sky Hotel and it seem like a place that I wanted to stay either when I flew into Bangkok or just before leaving Thailand coming back to States. I decided on my way out.

I read many reviews and didn't find very many negative things about it but did expect to hear better reviews. I did get a great deal online and also added a day once I got there for just a little more. Since I first wrote this review I looked at some photos of the rooms and I am pleased with the spacious room that I had. I was on the 65th Floor in a corner room, so will keep this in mind upon my next visit.

Most of the time I was in Thailand I spent in Chiang Mai. Coming to Bangkok was a culture shock! I expected the area to be nice where the hotel was, it was not. Once inside it was really nice. Very elegant and multilingual receptionists and staff. There are many restaurants in the Hotel but prices was more to what Westerners expect to pay for a good meal but not in correspondence with what you would eat in the communities.

They have many services and amenities. They of course offer massage but when I looked into the prices I was shocked. Again it was priced at what you would pay for in the states when you can just walk right out of the hotel and for around $6 get a 2 hour Thai Massage.

The pool and jacuzzi area was outside over looking the city, very nice! You can also go higher to the revolving deck where you get a 360 degree view of the City. It took a few minutes for me to be comfortable with it because you are way up there!!!

It is the Tallest hotel in Thailand. This could be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. You have to take one elevator from the street level to the lobby which I think is on the 18th Floor. Then you take a different Elevator to get to your room and depending on where you eat at in the hotel you might have to take even a different elevator and may have to walk a few flights of stairs.

They have several buffet restaurants at different prices and whichever you choose you are assured to have a international selection to enjoy. Lots of fresh high quality food.

My room was my favorite part of my stay. One of the best rooms I ever stayed in at the price range. Plush robes, beautiful view, nice layout, the bed was awesome!!!

It was nice to end my trip with this stay but on my next visit I will start with this. Most flights arrive into Bangkok at midnight. I took a taxi to the bus station to get out of the city but did not get on the road until 6am....being in that comfortable bed after that incredibly long flight is a dream.

That is the thing when you travel it is a learning experience.

I will stay here and recommend it but only for transition!
annigurl annigurl
The Highest You Can Get in Bangkok May 15, 2008
Situated in the middle of a very busy city, much quite like Binondo in Manila, where bargain bazaars and sidewalk vendors flood the streets, stands this high-rise 4- star hotel. If you are a bargain shopper, then this hotel is the best place for you. The bargain stalls of the night market are found just outside the hotel, so there is no need to ride a cab or a tuktuk. Malls are walking distances, but we had to ride once because it was raining. However, tuk-tuk drivers and motorcycle riders are quite scary because they appear from nowhere and with the narrow streets, you just pray that you could get back to the hotel in whole. Plus, im not really into crowded places, but i guess that would work for some people.

as for the hotel itself, the staff is accomodating and friendly. The food is superb. The breakfast buffet was my favorite, because they serve a wide range of dishes, from american to japanese to chinese, you name it. They make excellent waffles too. Also the restaurant was situated way up, surrounded by glass windows which provided us a magnificent view of downtown bangkok in the mornings. The room where i stayed was very spacious, the bathroom was beautiful, with a hot tub and separate shower. The room was spotless, no bugs or anything.

The hotel is also a tourist attraction so it was definitely a plus for me, because i could go to the revolving deck anytime i wanted to view the bangkok skyline. (they charge for non-guests)

I would definitely recommend this hotel to future tourists. All in all, i got my money's worth and considering the comforts i had, i must say, Baiyoke isnt that expensive at all.
our Baiyoke Sky room
the separate toilet and bath
the separate tub
another corner of our room
shasya shasya
Room at the top Jun 27, 2008
I was pretty stoked to be able to stay at the Baiyoke Sky on my last trip to Bangkok. Why was I so hyper? Because my room was on the VIP 72th floor, so I really had high expectations (pun intended).

However, after checking in and going up on a really slow elevator and entering the hotel room door somehow the view on the tiny window pane made me feel kind of short-changed, well just a tad bit, perhaps I had expected too much.

However, breakfast at Sky Restaurant the next morning made up for it.

I noticed the staff can be a bit indifferent on some occassions, it is a popular hotel and service is not as attentive as I would have liked it to be. But this is a great hotel to people watch.

I have nothing bad to say about the location as there is a morning/evening market just in front of the hotel and you are located right in the heart of Pratunam shopping area. So yes, the roads are busy and messy and when it rains, a bit icky BUT if you are born to shop in Bangkok than this is the place for you.

However, having said that I would have preferred to stay at Amari Watergate considering its closer to Platinum Mall.

I do like the hotel, but it's highly unlikely that I'm going to do a repeat stay but if someone were to sponsor me I would not mind staying there again :)
This is the front glass door of Ba…
just one of those things that make…
comfy beds...
orchids & exotic fruit platter...
Kju Kju
above the clouds Apr 15, 2008
Around the Songkran Festival I stayed in the Centre from Bangkok in the district Pratunam. I pick this Hotel because it is the highest in Thailand and relative cheap to the other 4 stars Hotels. A room in the 19-29 floor cost about 28 €. The lobby is in the 18th floor and you have your own Falmily Mart there.
swimming pool
mrvis says:
Sounds great. Good place to load up after some months off the beaten track. Keep this one in mind.
Posted on: Jul 10, 2008

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes