Bain's Camp and Elephant interaction experience

Bain's Camp and Elephant interaction experience Reviews

dortrat dortrat
Dec 17, 2007
Bains Camp

Next stop was Bains Camp also in the Okavango Delta. This is what I mean by a strong management couple. Great people that took control and instilled confidence from the moment we arrived. For that reason alone I would recommend Bains over Stanley’s.

Rooms are lovely and airy. A few of the light chairs are stained already though. Love the fact that the beds can be taken onto the deck.

The main areas are particularly beautiful overlooking the water.

What I liked here is that there are so many activities and options. It sounds like they really go out of their way to take extra care of guests with private dinners, and just moving the meals around. It makes such a difference to the experience if there are some surprises and things are flexible.

Elephant activity

We had very mixed feelings in the group about the elephant experience.

To start with we needed the elephant activity cut a bit short so that we could make our flight out with Mac Air. However, the elephant man wouldn’t even entertain the concept of shortening the whole thing by 20 minutes. I find that unacceptable and having done the tour, I could see that it could easily have been shortened. In fact my feeling is that it would benefit from being 30 minutes shorter.

It is very interesting to learn more about the elephants and see how they respond to commands. But it feels a little like circus animals when he makes them do things for photo shoots. Interestingly none of us were really interested in having posed pics with the ellies, but he kept pushing them. We would have preferred a more natural feel.

Walking with the ellies and the picnic were superb and a completely surreal experience. I will recommend this experience to my clients purely for this reason.
Walking with the Elephants - very…
Botswana Map