Bai Khmer Restaurant

Bai Khmer Restaurant - sticky rice

Bai Khmer Restaurant Warkworth Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
NOt worth to dine there Jan 03, 2017
There were not many restaurants open in this very small town. We were lucky to find this place and finger cross the food is good.

The restaurant advertised themselves to cook the food from fresh ingredients, and the manager was very proud and said they were the most original Khmer food. The women staff dress up in traditional Khmer dress and very friendly with a limited English language.

So decided to have their special food of fish cake as a starter ( I know this is also famous as Thai food). Unfortunately the taste was so so, and nothing special. Probably the Thai fish cake is better in taste.

For the main I order mince pork larb with sticky rice. I enquiry if the larb is spicy and they said yes it would be very spicy. I order with the medium spicy and it turn up very sweet like sugar taste, even my Danish tb said it was very sweet as well and not much taste, with I found very disappointing since they said it was very good.

The original pork with soy sauce does not have much taste either except the sweetness.

Well.. we were not starving but I would not come back to this place definitely.
sticky rice
traditional khmer soy sauce pork
inside the restaurant