21 Rörstrandsgatan, Stockholm, Sweden
Bagpipers Inn - Bagpipers Inn inside when I arrived

Bagpipers Inn Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Slow start but picked up really fast! Mar 24, 2011
I had no knowledge of the area of Rörstrandsgatan and the only reason for being there was that I just had my broken tooth fixed. The thought of a cold beer felt like the right thing to do after finishing at the dentist and it had me looking for a place to sit down and relax. Luckily there was a Scottish pub almost opposite to the dentist.

It was probably too early to feel the authentic atmosphere of the place because we were only 4 people in there when I arrived; the others being men close to or in their 60s looking in to their glass while coughing. It was certainly the most boring time of day to enter the bar/restaurant and I found a table in the back of the place overlooking the bar.

They played soft blues in there speakers which were quite nice, even though it was kind of moody but it was nothing I would mind even for later in an evening. After a short while and much to my surprise people started to enter and the old coughing daytime regulars sneaked out still looking to the floor like chicken.

It turned out that the place actually hosted 3 separate places in the same address. Not only was the bar sorted after by pub crawlers but also the restaurant turned out to be well known for their good food and most of the new customers were heading for the back rooms and the basement where the food was served.

Upon my arrival I had went for a London Pride a beer I like and only find in British Pubs. After 45 minutes all the tables were taken and people were waiting in the bar to get one. The basement didn’t open until 6 pm but could open already at 5 based upon my little survey. Plenty of people actually left when they couldn’t get a table.

I decided to taste their food as well since everyone was going for it anyway; many of the guests went for the cheeseburger I could see but having my tooth fixed I turned towards the Chilli con Carne and some Nachos as a side dish.

The portions turned out to be enormous especially the Nachos; I was quite pleased that I didn’t the Grande version. The Chilli was good but not in the spiciest that I have had but well enough so that it disappeared quite fast.

When I left the place exactly two hours after my arrival, it was completely packed and people were staying in layers waiting for tables to eat in there. The waiters were all great and all of them were English speaking by nature. It was a fun place, that grew upon my in the two hours I was there.
Bagpipers Inn inside when I arrived
alyssa_ob says:
Oh! It's a restaurant. I thought it was a hotel and I wondered how you could get any sleep if it was catered to bagpipers! Sounds like a nice place.
Posted on: Mar 28, 2011