Baghdad Nights Restaurant

00 60 3-2691 0315

Baghdad Nights Restaurant Kuala Lumpur Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Best shisha in the city! Jul 08, 2012
I first came to this restaurant over a year ago on my first trip to Kuala Lumpur. I loved it then, and I still love it now!

The restaurant/cafe is located on Changkat Bukit Bintang - right in the centre of Bukit Bintang, and close to everything. It has been renovated since my first visit, with nice new furniture inside, new floors and lots of plants in the outdoor area. The inside area is big and open, and plenty of room to have a big party or gathering. Outside is rather small, with only 6 tables to seat 4 people. The shisha is made outside, and they have their shisha pipes on display. There is also a big 'oven' where they prepare the coal for the shisha, which makes for a nice feature. Chairs in the outdoor area need to be replaced as they are pretty much falling apart, but still comfy. They also play a mix of dance and Arabic music, which got a little loud at times, and I found it hard to hear my friends talk.

Food is amazing, and made quick - try the baclava (YUM!) and their kebabs are also pretty good. They do not serve alcoholic drinks which is a bit of a let down, but it is a muslim restaurant in a muslim town, so it shouldn't be expected. However, if you make nice with the waiters, they will let u buy alcoholic beverages from other places to drink as long as you are discreet about it (e.g. paper towel over the bottle)

Waiters are friendly - a little too friendly - one waiter asked if I was single, I told him I was engaged, and then he continued to ask me several times throughout the night if I wanted to 'go' with him. The shisha boys are happy enough to show you how to make the shisha, and the owner is also very friendly.

Shisha is the best i've had in the city - they have a tonne of flavours - apple, mint, peach, melon, watermelon, pineapple, orange, lemon, peppermint, vanilla, strawberry, grape, banana - just to name a few :) They also have 'super' shisha, where they cut up a pineapple, and use it to put the shisha mix in - the first time I tried this it was fantastic, but on my recent trip it made me dizzy with head spins and i found it hard to breath - the guy told me pineapple was the strongest and I was probably not used to it.

I will definitely be coming back here again if I end up in KL again. Worth a try just for the shisha!

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals