Baggies Backpackers

Check Brighton Hotel Deals

Baggies Backpackers Brighton Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Paradise doesn't cost a lot! Sep 05, 2010
Where do I start about this place? It's by far one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It is what a hostel is all about - low price, low but acceptable on comfort, very friendly, very cosy and very "informal". No strict rules, no corporate chain-stuff going on, nothing.... very simple and very homely!

I did read good reviews of this place and fell in love with it based on the pictures I saw on their website. What really threw me off is when I called them up from the US and they said stuff like "you don't need to reserve a bed or pay a deposit, just show up!" which I thought "wow, cool!". And show up I did, and it was as informal as I had expected it to be.

A very cosy reception in a cosy room with televisions and tons of videos. Residents were in their nightdresses in the afternoon, sitting aorund with their PCs, they have no problems lending you their laptop to check email, so informal! The bedroom was mighty tiny but hey, at 13 quid a night, you can't get better!

Then there's the amazing basement - very colourful, a dining table and a small table in the courtyard, narrow but noisy kitchen, and graffitti on the walls.... it really is amazing!

The hostel is right across the beach, the walk from the railway station to the hostel was fairly long, but staying here is worth it.

The residents are all very friendly. Sitting and socialising in the basement come dinner time is actually encouraged. The residents here aren't backpackers, but mostly people that are either working, or tons of Italians and Spanish who have come to England to learn English, and prefer doing it in Brighton where it's cheaper.

Overall, I am very very pleased. I've added a bunch of friends on my facebook and it's amazing to see the "group activity" they do in the hostel even now, the old/long timers - they've had pirate nights, Halloween, Xmas parties, etc etc.

Highly recommended. A+ and more, if it existed!
The hostel facing the sea
The cosy socialising area in the b…
The kitchen