Bagel and Bagel

Yokosuka, Japan

Bagel and Bagel Yokosuka Reviews

lulusartshack lulusart…
Tasty bagels and warm drinks Dec 19, 2009
This place is at the end of "blue street" sort of hidden behind the pedestrian overpass and the taxi stand. We were actually looking for some restaurants my very-allergic-to-all-types-of-seafood-mother could eat at when she visits and my husband and me were drawn in by the smell of fresh bread, which was suprising at 6pm.

The inside of the shop is bright and spacious, with old church pews serving as chairs. They serve fresh bagels, muffins, bagel sandwiches and a few cafe type drinks.

My husband ordered an egg and ham bagel sandwich, a lox and cream cheese bagel and a cup of minestrone soup. I have a tofu burger bagel. The minestrone looked like typical "Japanese-style" minestrone (tomato soup with a few soggy vegetables), but the bagel sandwiches more than make up for it. The bagels are soft and delicious, and the tofu burger was nothing like what you normally encounter. It looked and tasty more like a turkey or chicken burger, instead of a sad little patty of compressed vegetables.

The drinks aren't bad either. I had a very rich and delicious hot chocolate, while my husband had a very foamy latte.

Over-all, at 2500yen it was a little pricey for such little food, but we were really hungry that day. We bought some bagels and flavored cream cheese to go as well (150yen/bagel, 210 for small container of cream cheese). The bagels are definitely worth the price. Way better and fresher than anything else you can find in town.

**EDIT** They closed the Yokosuka-chuo location and replaced it with a Family Mart :'( They're all over the place in Tokyo and Yokohama though, so keep an eye out.

Check Yokosuka Hotel Deals