Bagan, Myanmar
062 69 168

Bagan Reviews

EmuhleeLauren EmuhleeL…
Amazing Experience Jan 20, 2014
While studying abroad in Southeast Asia, this was by far my favorite place to see. Seeing the temples of Bagan is truly breathtaking, and the photos of it will never be able to do it justice. When I went (April 2012), there were almost no other tourists. We rented some cheap bikes and went to as many temples as we could. The only thing you need to be aware of when traveling to Myanmar (again, as of the last time I was there), they do no have ATMs. They also only take US dollars. The money has to be in good condition and they check serial numbers.
Cho says:
Welcome to TravBuddy, and thanks for writing about Bagan as your first blog. I live in Florida too, but am a native of Myanmar. Since your last trip there a lot of things have changed, mostly for the better. You can find a lot of ATMs there now and the banks will take all major currencies.
Posted on: Jan 20, 2014
sepilokfui sepilokf…
Tips - Don't miss out the South Plain with a horse cart. Jul 20, 2012
Many backpackers take a bicycle, which is the economical way of seeing Bagan. But there is day that is really hot, so a horse cart is not a bad idea but a bit costly. However, with a horse cart, it comes a free guide. These men normally knows the history. If you get one that speaks ok english, they can tell you what is different types of temple mean and which type of families it belongs to or which is belong to King, or Warrior families, or just peasants. In that way, you will know why certain temples and stuppas are important for certain reasons.

A horse man can also tell you which is the best temple to see sunrise or sunset in different seasons.

The last is the South Plain. Many people who took a bicycle will be tired by the time they reach the South Plain, which quite far off from all the rest and the sandy ground made cycling difficult. With a hourse cart, please make sure you visit:

1. Nandamannya Pahto

2. Payathonzu

3. Tayok Pye Paya

4. Pyathada Paya

I will not tell you why, but to let you find out. These temples are so much nicer and more quiet, especially Pyathada Paya, which has a completely different platform.
jen25w jen25w
Bagan Mar 06, 2011
Aside from the airfare which was like $100 Bagan was pretty inexpensive, like most things in Burma. Although it's technically called Myanmar they prefer their country still be called Burma.

Bagan was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there for 2 days, but you could technically do it in one. I went in the off season, August, and aside from those who came in on my plane I didn't saw MAYBE 5 tourists the entire time I was there. It was great. I'm not a cry baby at all but just like the Shwedagon Pagoda, Bagan brought me to tears. It was almost spiritual.

I stayed in a hostel in Nyguen U and took a horse cart around to view the stupas and pagodas. I tried to ride a bike but it is retarded hot so decided to get a horse cart. Unfortunately the place had tons and tons of kids trying to sells you things, mainly sand paintings, the entire time you're looking at the sights. You may need to be firm and tell them you're not interested but it's hard to get rid of them.

It was a wonderful trip and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Made out of solid gold
nolan says:
Awesome review and pictures. Am considering Myanmar (Burma) in the next two years. Your photos of Bagan temples make it more imperative to visit.

How many days for an overall trip to Burma (including Bagan, Mandalay and Yangoon) would you recommend?
Posted on: Nov 27, 2012
Explorer-Trivi says:
Thanks for the beautiful review Jen.
Burma is in my list of countries to visit this year or the next. Reviews like these will really help.
Safe travels and enjoy!
Take care. Keep blogging!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2012
Rab Rab
Excellent site Apr 11, 2011
A two day visit to Bagan is magical.

On first day take a horse cart ride around the temples. On the second day, get a bike, and then ride around on your own visiting and climbing wherever you like.

Related Travel Blogs About Bagan

Chillin' in Bagan
No night bars, no cafes, no cable tv, no malls, no dating scene �" how do you exactly ‘chill’ in Bagan?    By simply taking the place for what it is, enjoying it for what…Bagan is offering something more for the mind and the soul?        Bagan after all, in its glory…
The Temples of Bagan
10/13/06 So it’s Friday the Thirteenth and what better way to spend it than attempting to navigate through knee deep flooded roads in Myanmar? Min Min warned us that it could be a tough trip to Ba…Bagan We ventured out into New Bagan (in the 1990's for some reason the Myanmar government uprooted…
Pagodas from sunrise to sunset
The day begins at 7 a.m., because we want to be on our bicycles before 8.30 to explore Bagan. Before we can get on our way we have to try out the rental bikes, because it is hard to find one that doe…Bagan and we take a left to New Bagan. The bikes don’t have lights and often it is so dark…

Check Bagan Hotel Deals