Bagan King Hotel

Check Mandalay Hotel Deals

Bagan King Hotel Mandalay Reviews

northlight northlig…
good first impression of the golden land Sep 11, 2015
This place got really good reviews on booking.com and seemed like it was in a good location for exploring the city of Mandalay so I got a room with breakfast for 3 nights and paid £106 total using my visa.

As I had thought from looking at google maps and reading the reviews, the hotel did have a good location. It was only a couple of blocks from the moat which surrounds the Mandalay Palace area. Other sights such as Mandalay Hill, Kuthodaw Pagoda, and Sandamuni Pagoda were within walking distance if you don't mind some hiking in hot temperatures, alternatively they were just a short taxi ride away.

Visually the hotel is very pleasing on the eye. All areas of the hotel have traditional Burmese decorations on display which gives you a real good feeling for the place, and nice to see, especially when you have just arrived in Myanmar and this is the first place you stay at.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and keen to make your stay comfortable. I needed to book a taxi to Mandalay International Airport, leaving at six-thirty in the morning, and they sorted that out for me no problem, and told me exactly how much it would cost. A private taxi from downtown Mandalay to the airport and vice versa costs 12,000 kyat.

One of my favourite things about the hotel was the restaurant on the top floor. It had great views of the city and the surrounding hills. It was open all day for breakfast (which was included in my booking), lunch and dinner. I enjoyed good food there each day and liked to take in the views in the evening with a glass of Myanmar Lager.

Overall the hotel lived up to my expectations from my research that I carried out before finalising the accommodation plans. At approximately £35 a night I think it was good value in a fairly decent location. I would stay here again if I ever go back to Mandalay, and I definitely recommend it to other travellers. A solid 4 out of 5 for me.
toilet
the bathroom
shampoo, shower gel and body lotion
large size bed
missandrea81 says:
Looks good!
Posted on: Sep 12, 2015
spocklogic says:
Nice looking decor in this hotel. Good price too!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2015
Cho says:
Glad to hear you liked the hotel. Although Mandalay is not one of my favorite destinations, I've been there several times. I assume you got to see some of the sights there. Looking forward to reading your travel blog on the city.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2015