Backpackers Paradise Hostel

Check Inglewood Hotel Deals

Backpackers Paradise Hostel Inglewood Reviews

LivLovLaf LivLovLaf
Accomodating Nov 11, 2017
Backpackers Paradise Hostel is the first time I have ever tried to stay at a hostel. So, take this review with this in mind for the experienced hostel traveler.

I booked a great deal for $26 per night at this location only to find out this is the rate for 18-30 year olds. I had to pay an extra $29 to the hotel upon arrival to stay in a shared room with females above 30 years of age.

It was frustrating trying to reach the front office at times on my way to the hostel to make sure I could get the free shuttle they offered from the airport to their location. The con was having to wait on the shuttle bus to pick me up. The pro was a free ride to my stay.

The check-in was quick and efficient.

The pool and outdoor lounge area looked inviting with lots of vendor machines, a bar, heated pool, restaurant, and free popcorn 24 hours a day. There were also many perks for social gatherings when picking up a free breakfast muffin and tea/coffee or joining in on a free shuttle ride to the nearby beach or cheap lunch by the poolside.

The laundry room was useful. Some drier machines did not work, but enough machines were available to accomplish the task.

A definite con was the man yelling throughout the night in the poolside courtyard using profanity and very angry words. I heard him yelling to someone that he did not mind going to jail. I wish he had after hours of hearing him screaming at others at the top of his lungs through the early morning. One of my roommates did not feel this was common behavior in the facility; so I guess I lucked out on a bad sleep night.

Another roommate commented as I just came through the door to stay that I a bedbug was found the night before in the bed I was assigned. So, I slept in a near bed not occupied and had no problems.

You can not stay at this hostel if you are not from out of town. I did not ever think about this before. I guess this is common for all hostels wanting to house visitors and not locals.

Overall, a good experience for my first hostel. I just think that I like my privacy a little more. So, I am interested in looking into hostels with no roommates and shared bathrooms but at a decent rate for solo travelers. Not sure if this is possible. This is all new to me.

The greatest pro is obviously the money savings in staying in hostels. So, I definitely should give it more opportunities to prove itself as an added advantage to long-term traveling. Backpacking, RV traveling, and less costly ways of long-term travel are becoming more important to me.
Los Angeles, California by flight
Decorations at Backpackers
Free Breakfast
Twin beds; bunk beds; or single be…
planxty says:
Congratulations on the featured review. I must admit that I am a little surprised at the price diffrential due to your age and the previous comment on this page. I am 57 and regularly stay in hostels still. I have never had to pay a supplement fo an "oldies room". It looks like a decent place, though.
WalterC says:
Looks like a good hostel to stay at. I was debating whether or not to stay at this hostel, but the out-of-the-way location was enough of a factor to not stay here. Maybe next time.
NickelP says:
Congrats on the featured review! I had the same issue in Belgium trying to find a hostel as everyone I looked at wouldn't let you stay in the dorms if you were north of 35.

Backpackers Paradise Hostel Overview

Backpackers Paradise offers accommodation that is an extremely good value for money and is located extremely close to LAX airport. The hostel has quite a 'party' atmosphere. As well as the free coffee and muffin breakfast, champagne and cake in the evenings all included in your stay. Facilities include internet access, vending machines, swimming pool, laundry, bar and restaurant. There is a daily free shuttle to and from the local shopping mall, Venice Beach and Fishermans' Village. There is a bus-stop outside, from which you can get to downtown/ Santa Monica. The dorms are quite large and there is an en-suite bathroom.. If you want a place to stay that is good value, close to the airport then this is a good place to stay.

Backpackers Paradise Hostel Amenities