Backpackers BCN Casanova

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals

Backpackers BCN Casanova Barcelona Reviews

carolina87 carolina…
Quiet, cool and relaxed Jan 17, 2012
As many before me have stated, BCN Casanova is a hostel for backpackers who are looking for good nights sleep. I stayed for three nights in December 2011 and had a great time.

Most backpackers were up and running in the early morning but if you like to sleep in don't worry because everyone there is very respectful of their fellow roommates.

This hostel has a very clean kitchen with everything you might need to make yourself feel at home. A lot of folks there did in fact make use of the kitchen and kept drinks and snacks in the large fridge.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were kept very clean, the beds were in fact comfortable, the rooms have large lockers in where to keep your things and the hostel as a whole keeps a great appearance. If you don't have a towel it costs a couple of euro's to rent one. Quick tip: if it's your first time at a hostel be sure to come prepared with travel size items like shampoo, body wash and heck maybe even a towel to save a couple of bucks.

After 11 pm everything becomes relatively quiet and if i'm not mistaken they lock the front door after 11pm or 12am so that anyone who is coming in late night has to ring a door bell and wait for one of the staff to open the door, they then check your room pass and let you in. The staff is really friendly and are constantly reminding you that "you can come and go at whatever time you want." Although, at first it seemed inconvenient, I took an appreciation to the extra safety this provides all the backpacker at the hostel.

The hostel has two computer with internet access at no extra charge. They are on the first floor which means you can hop on them at anytime without disturbing the folks who are asleep on the second floor.

The hostel is located right off la Gran Via de los Corts Catalanes, and just around the corner is the metro stop Urgell, which connects you to just about every tourist attraction in the city. Plaza Catalunya and La Rambla are both within a reasonable walking distance.

Overall its a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing and to meet fellow laid back, like minding travelers.
erojas3 erojas3
Quiet hostel near the center Dec 13, 2010
This hostel was about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the city center ( Plaza Catalunya), therefore it is quiet at night and situated in a calm safe neighborhood. I was greeted by the owner who was very friendly and gave me a map to show me what he thought was worth a visit and what was not. Also which museums were worth paying to get into and which were a waste of money.

I liked this hostel because it was very clean, and there was a kitchen that provided all the necessary utensils. However, there were not too many bathrooms and showers so it was necessary to wake up early in order to be first in line. This isn't a party hostel so if you want to stay and be loud all night, this isn't the hostel for you. There is no curfew however, but one must be quite after a certain time, I think it was 11.

When I went I stayed in a 4 bedroom mixed dorm, however on both nights it was only me and someone else. There are 4 big lockers in the room. This is a plus for anyone traveling with a suitcase, as I was traveling with my backpack and the locker was too big for it :D

So if you find yourself just looking for a place to stay at night and getting a great nights sleep, I would recommend this place.
4 bunkbed mixed room with large lo…
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Glynnes says:

Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Review.
erojas3 says:
thanks :D
VidSboku VidSboku
Just a good hostel Feb 21, 2010
Stayed there for 3 days in December. It's a nice and relaxed place, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and it's 2 minutes to the closest metro station and 20 minutes by foot to Bari Gotic. The internet is just fast enough to check your email, the beds are ok, the breakfast is so-so, but the kitchen is very nice and you can always cook for yourself. Our room was overlooking the street and was a little bit noisy, that's where earplugs might come in handy if you are a light sleeper... It didn't really bother me, but anyway, there is a number of quieter rooms there if I remember the layout correctly. For me it was the perfect place to stay that allowed a good night sleep, was just close enough to the centre that transport was not really necessary for most part of my stay, and oh, the showers there are VERY good! =)
Glynnes says:
Nice review and thanks.
Posted on: May 26, 2010
travelman727 says:
Nice, informative review :-D
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010
revyd revyd
Great Small Hostel in a convenient location May 26, 2010
This is a fantastic hostel. The owner's are awesome and the staff is great. It's less than two year's old so it's in great shape. We felt really safe and the location was great.

You never had to wait for the showers and the kitchen was well stocked. The eating area was just off the kitchen and the bedrooms so it was a great place to meet and connect with people. A small breakfast was included.

Almost forgot, it had free wifi and PCs:

I highly recommend it to anyone.
Pearl510 Pearl510
A perfect hostel Sep 17, 2009
This was a lovely hostel, just what I imagined it would be.

First of all, it is not a party hostel. I liked that, as I wanted to see a lot during the day and that meant I wanted to sleep during the night. This hostel wants no drunk people screaming in the lobby, trowing up in the bathrooms and ruining the atmosphere. It is a quite place, great for meeting new people, with a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They will always ask you how your day was and they will give you any advise you need.

Breakfast and internet (wireless and pc) are included. The breakfast is very simple, but fills you up. Besides, the kitchen and fridge are huge. Very easy to get some extras stored for breakfast or to cook your own meal at night. There's a little supermarket right next door.

The location, well it is very close to the Universitat metro stop, for those who don't like to walk a lot. For me, walking to Placa Catalunya was not an efford and I often walked back to the hostel from more far destinations as Port Vell or El Raval. So it depends on how much time you've got and if you're willing to walk. But I found it a perfect location, both for walking and metro. It is not in the old quarter but it is somewhere in between. L'Eixample is "above" (on the map), the Barri Gotic is lower. I found that just perfect. I think it is a safe neighborhood as well. I walked around there at night quite some times, alone, and I never felt threatened.

For gay people it might be interesting to know that a lot of bars in the area are gay bars. For non-gays however, this is not a gay hostel and there are many other bars as well, so no need to stay out of the area.

The hostel is pretty new so the beds and all are still in very good condition. I slept just perfect in these beds. I think if you sleep close to the air-con you definitely need a blanket, but these are provided so no problem. The lockers are just huge!

All in all, I loved this place. There is nothing that I can complain about. I slept in the 8 people dorm and payed some 21 EUR per night. I think, for European standards, that is a decent price for what you get here. I definitely recommend this hostel and will surely stay here again on my next visit to Barcelona. I hope every one of you will have just a wonderful time here as I've just had!

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals