Backpack Guesthouse

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Backpack Guesthouse Budapest Reviews

Bellabet12 Bellabet…
Affordable fun you'll never forget! Nov 15, 2008
So my first backpacking trip in Europe and I was very hesitant to staying in Hostels. My friend Jaq assured me it would be a great experience, I was still unsure. We walked up the steps to what seemed to be someone's house, at that point i was like" are you sure we have the right place". Sure enough we were at this Hostel he had been speaking of. The Backpack Guesthouse. I was truly amazed. It was fairly inexpensive and it had a lot to offer, themes rooms, anywhere from the fish room to a Bob Marley room (My Fav), A fully equipped kitchen, a movie room with something like 1000 movies, music playing through the house with requests, an awesome back yard with an outdoor loft with pillows and a window that opens up to the movie room, a covered patio with several hammocks, a delivery pizza list from a local pizza place, beers to purchase ( in 2004 they were something like 75 cents in US money, cheap and really good large beers) ,and best of all very friendly staff.

The location was not the best but a decent cab drive gets you down town and to the Baths. It was worth every penny and the experience was worth a life time of memories. We met and mingled with so many awesome people from all over the world. I defiantly will go back to The Backpack Guesthouse again. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
Part of The kitchen
Jaq at the front desk
The kitchen
Front yard
chrisrae chrisrae
Sep 05, 2007
I've been meaning to review hostels as I go along, but I am way behind at this point. I have to say a word about Backpack Guesthouse, however. I was there for about two weeks and it was like being home. It was an actual house with a wicked backyard, hammocks and chairs, tents abound. The owner and staff were fun, helpful and just all around wonderful. The fact it's a house I think makes it so homey and you really do end up meeting everyone there. One night about 25 of us all went out, but other nights everyone would stay in for a toga party. It was located on the Buda side in a neighborhood, but public transport was really a short walk away, and one of the best baths was maybe a 30 minute walk (or two hours if you pub crawl it!). I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting. There was even a fella traveling with his mom and sister there, and the mother just loved it. They also organize day tours to Eger, caving and wake boarding, and host goulash nights and sell cheap beer on sight. You can't beat that!
nimbalist says:
How is everything going? It must be nice to just take off like that. I think about selling all of my stuff, quitting my job, and doing the same sometimes. I love the places I've gone to, but I always end up coming back to the Bay Area. For the moment, here's to living vicariously through you.
Posted on: Oct 01, 2007