Babyland General Hospital

300 N.O.K. Dr, Cleveland, GA, USA

Babyland General Hospital Cleveland Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
A Childhood Dream Come True! Jul 07, 2011
As a child of the 80s, I LOVED my Cabbage Patch dolls. When I found out that you can tour Babyland General Hospital, I knew I could NOT miss out on a childhood dream.

Babyland General Hospital is located in Cleveland, Georgia, practically out in the middle of nowhere in the Appalachian Mountains. I highly suggest using a GPS to get there (300 N.O.K. Drive). We were coming north from Atlanta, and Cleveland was nearly 2 hours northeast from there.

It is free admission to tour. (Of course, they getcha in the gift shop! But, that is purely on your own will.) Upon entering, they ask you to sign the guest register. The greeter (an expecially nice lady) told me to take all the pictures I wanted, which I appreciated.

We had arrived just in time to see a delivery. Nurse Faith was helping the cabbage give birth via easyotomy. (There is as much humor for the adults in the crowd as there is for the kids). The sonogram revealed that it would be a girl, and Nurse Faith asked for her name to which someone in the crowd yelled out 'Ashley Marie'. (So that's how Cabbage Patches get their names...) Even though it would 'embarrass' her, Nurse Faith quickly showed us the 'Xavier Roberts' birth mark on her bottom.

Directly next to the cabbage patch, is the nursery where the newborns are, as well as an incubator for preemies.

We looked around the gift shop a good little while, and my friend started going through the Cabbage Patches, looking for a certain birthdate. But -- I felt like I was at Walmart, and this was NOT how I was picking my Cabbage Patch. I was going to adopt her the way you can only do at Babyland General. And, when I saw her, I knew. There are four cribs set up with probably 20 dolls a piece, as well as other that you can choose for adoption. (It's kinda like picking out a puppy). Here I was, 28 years old, walking around with all these 6 year olds, but I didn't care. This was a childhood dream come true!

I took my baby to the adoption center/checkout and Nurse Alaina filled out her papers with the name and birthdate I had chosen. I must say -- it was totally worth it! The boxed Cabbage Patch dolls were $40, and mine, complete with adoption was $50. There are all sort of outfits and accessories available for purchase, too.

For any child, okay, girl of the 80s, I highly recommend a visit to Babyland General Hospital. It is truly a dream come true!
the sonogram revealed pink
iramalama says:
Wow, good to see that this place is still in business. I came here about 20 years ago. Sounds like it hasn't changed much!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011
jeminigirl says:
OMG, I loved my cabbage patch dolls as a kid too, did not even know this place existed, thanks for sharing =D
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Babyland General Hospital

I Didn't Expect That
This bed slept SO good that I did NOT want to get up.  Oh, my goodness!  Finally, a decent night's sleep!  It took some self-convincing, but I did get up.  We ended up leaving abo…Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia.  I am a child of the 80s, and I loved my Cabbage Patches…

Check Cleveland Hotel Deals